1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(skinning) Wireframe question

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by SolaceEternal, Oct 19, 2004.

1. SolaceEternal

SolaceEternal SPANK THAT TUNA

eh... anyone know where I can get the wireframe layout... thing... for the default models in ut2004?

...I think they're called sdk's... heh... I'm new at this ^^;

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Not even close. They are called UVW maps, but in normal game context they are just called UV maps. SDK = Software Development Kit.

In short you either have to generate them from the UT2003 public Max meshes (I believe they used Max 4-5 on those) or just base your work on the UT2003/UT2004 skins.

3. StoopidKwestion

StoopidKwestion New Member

Or do you mean the 3D mesh underneath the skin?

There is a full set of Max format 3D mesh files available. I think I got mine from the files section on BeyondUnreal. If you were lucky enough to get the deluxe version UT2004, you have this on the discs.

There is a file format called PSK which holds the mesh and animations that the game uses. These are exported from Max or Maya using the ActorX plugin.

Probably help if you describe exactly what it is you want to do :)

4. Vailias

Vailias New Member

No he means the UV map projection like solid said. ;)

SDK is either Software Development Kit, or Standard Developers Kit depending who you talk to. And its also usually the name tacked on to a zip file of the resources used to make custom skins around these parts. While its technically incorrect, its kinda hard to come up with anything that fits any better.

5. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Incorrect. The PSK holds the reference mesh and the PSA holds the animation data. They are both created from Actor X however as you stated above.

6. SolaceEternal

SolaceEternal SPANK THAT TUNA

eh... thanks people. ^^;

I was refering to the UV thing, like [SAS] was refering to. I'm trying to do the shading for a skin; thought it might help.