Skinning textures...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
Hi, I’m trying to make a realistic looking skin texture in photoshop 6, I haven’t any extra plugins and all the plugins I’ve seen that help with making a real good skin texture are for later versions.

Also I’m looking for good hair and beard textures, with no success…

Could anyone give me some recipes for a good skin, hair and beard texture?

I’ve had a go, but I’m not too familiar with the wide array of tools in photoshop.

Also, I have two conflicting ideas on how to get a UV canvas that I can work on into photoshop, the first was just screen printing it, but others use a certain program that captures a pic of the uv map, which is the best way to go with this?

Peace,

- J_L

ImaCarrot

Professional Level Designer
Aug 30, 2005
www.imacarrot.com
As for the texturing of skin and hair... it's going to take a lot of time and effort to paint those from scratch in photoshop, there isn't really an 'easy' way to do it. You could import the textures for the unreal characters and borrow from them a bit.

As for getting your uv maps into photoshop, I believe max 8 now has the ability to export uv maps (finally!) Before there was a free plugin called texporter that was widely used.

Just opened up max... in your Edit UVW's window, go to tools > Render UVW Template.

That will allow you to export your uv map.

Carrot