skinning help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OveRLord

Banned
Aug 2, 2005
mods im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place i didnt know where to put it. im new to skinning and i wanted to change the portrait. problem is i have no idea how to do so, so can someone please tell me how? thanks.

°DøNuT°

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Welcome to the board :)

It would be helpful to know which UT you exactly mean ;)

OveRLord

Banned
Aug 2, 2005
well i sent 5 skin packs with about 18 toons to SaD hopeing the emails went through.

EDIT:emails went through 2/5 of them will not be released on skincity because i used upaint textures on one pack and the other ones are mostly just 1 color. im not complaining i will except the criticism so i know what i have to do to fix the my future work.

OveRLord

Banned
Aug 2, 2005
this is some of the things i was creating when i made this thread

107589_1.jpg

clanmdcollection.jpg

the way the toons look is the way i was asked to create them.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
The problem with upaint is just that all shading effects and textures are lost when painting, so using photoshop/gimp/paintshop/whatever is a far better solution.

The skins in the second row are way better than in the first row, even if there was mostly a greyscale or colorize option used. I like the black jug in the middle, but for real good skins you should try to bring something new. For instance something like that:

Every start in skinning is difficult, I also started with recolors and enhanced the pack after gaining some experience in trying out different things. The key to victory is working with overlays, it`s always nice to see that there are still persons skinning for this great game :tup:

OveRLord

Banned
Aug 2, 2005
all toons were made w/gimp2.0. and made the way i was asked to by the clan and the way my other brother "nightfyr" wanted his character to be created

im trying to create a cybernetic gorge. so far i have decided how i am going to construct the face but i am still deciding how im going to create the body.

i started skinning ut2004 toons back in early 2006 and the characters from my last post can be downloaded [HERE]

and thanks for letting me know that some people like my work... coming from one of my favorite ut2k4 artists. im still trying to bring out my best work but if you look at these pictures you can see how i have gotten better or lazier over time. but ill learn as a go and will crat toons for ut2004 because its an Epic Game made by Epic Games.