skinnin Warcows! HELP!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
I made a skin for the warcow model and added the files to the right directory's, i launch UT and go to change my skin, i clik warcow as the class and it just won't load it crashes it, i tryed it on the bots as well same thing happens, it freezes up. then UT suddenly closes and produces some wierd message (theres a pic at the bottom), its not just my skin that won't load the entire Warcow model will not load! is there anything special about skinning warcows? HELP ME PLZ! :mad: :(

Attachments

• cow.JPG
    cow.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
no still not working :mad: perhaps its cos i don't really understand what it says in the readme:

'the fix allows the ability for skinners to change the cow's gun thing and have the cow change with different team colors (no more manual selection). To change the cowparts, put YOUR cowpart.pcx file in the UTX as well your T_COW_(0-3) files... see Tcowmeshskins.utx for more details... For team colors on the cow's body, simply add T_(0-3) for each team colored skin...'

can anyone explain this a bit better? please...

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
EPISODE 546:

bonus pack 1 being reinstalled hasn't fixed it :mad: i'll attach the files to see if anyone else can get it workin

Attachments

• warcowskinrjg.zip
    144.3 KB · Views: 11

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
from what i can see the .int seems to be ok, i re-made it, still no luck, anti (or any1 else), take a look at the .int file see if it looks ok too you, if you spot something wrong could you fix it and then reupload it here, thanks

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Check out Mirages cow skins. He managed to get both textures of the cow running just fine. His .int might be worth looking at. :)

BTW, make sure you're actually selecting the fixed cow in UT and not the normal cow.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
i am selecting fixed cow in UT, i can't see a fixed cow option in UTSM either (just in case that was the problem) the .int looks fine to me so i don't see why its not working, it could be just my pc, so could someone else try it or take a look at the .int

thanks

RJGexplode

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
You'll need to compile the models depending on what version of UTSM you have.

Simply go File > Advanced mode

Then open up the model comiler.

Browse for the cowfix.int file

compile the model :)

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
YAY :D , i found out why it doesn't work, its not the .int at all, no wonder it looked perfect, USM did the texture pack wrong somewhere, coz i was making a map, and remembered putting a good texture in it, so i opened it, and Ued comes up with some error message and crashes, i lost all my work but, hey, i know why my war cow skin isn't workin, i thought the texture file was quite small but i thought nothing of it, so er... now that i know the problem, how do i get it to work, would compiling the .utx file in Ued work, giving it the same name as the .int and putting the same textures in it? Ah, but what would i call the textures, i have a feeling they have to be named specially :(
:mad:
any help?

Psychic_313

non-deterministic
RJGexplode said:
would compiling the .utx file in Ued work, giving it the same name as the .int and putting the same textures in it?

Yes, if you get the texture names right.

Also download KingSpyder's Warbeast skin (linked above, by Sabb on 24th October). Consult its .int file; also open it in UnrealEd and see what textures are in the UTX.

Some of the texture names (the ones in the lines containing "Description=", in the int file, plus probably any with similar names in KS's version) are your choice. Others (at least the T_Cow_ ones, for team colours) are hard-coded, so you must use the same name. I can't remember the full list right now, though.

I don't have UT on this computer (it's the wrong platform), but if you get stuck, please post the contents of your .int file and a list of the textures in your .utx file, plus the contents of the Warbeast's .int file and a list of the textures in its .utx file. Hopefully I can work out from that what names you should be using.

If you can find UsAaR33's Nali and Cow Fixes, read the readme file; UsAaR33 describes (briefly) how to set up a skin.

<edit>Oops, I didn't see where you mentioned it above.

When he says

'the fix allows the ability for skinners to change the cow's gun thing and have the cow change with different team colors (no more manual selection). To change the cowparts, put YOUR cowpart.pcx file in the UTX as well your T_COW_(0-3) files... see Tcowmeshskins.utx for more details... For team colors on the cow's body, simply add T_(0-3) for each team colored skin...'

he means you can use these textures:

- the main skin: just pick any reasonable name, like explode, and give it a line in the .int file with a Description

- if you want team skins, I can't remember whether you need T_0explode to T_3explode, or explodeT_0 to explodeT_3; try it and see.

- if you want a custom skin for the "backpack", call it cowpart

- if you want team skins for the "backpack", use t_cow_0 to t_cow_3

As always, the team colours are red=0, blue=1, green=2, gold=3.
</edit>

Last edited: