Skinners Ideas and Comments Wanted

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would skinners use this?

• No, skinners love wrighting upls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
I'm working on a UPL generator program. You can see basically what it is at this point from the screenshot attatched, I just looking for any comments or suggestions on improvements or stuff I may have missed.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Great idea Continuum but Jafo's BotManager already does it. Unless you're adding more features or something? :)

[EDIT] Looks cool though - I like the sliders

Last edited:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Wow, didn't know about that one, Ive been doing it the hard way :)

Might still make this just to get some experience with this sort of thing.

[EDIT]AI skills don't seem to be capped anyone know if 0.00-1.00 is the correct range for sure?[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Agressiveness, Combat Style, and Jumpiness go from 0.00 - 1.00, all the other stats go from -2.00 to 2.00. (I got these from using the in game bot editor)

P.S, you spelt Agressiveness wrong ;)

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Turret 49 said:
Agressiveness, Combat Style, and Jumpiness go from 0.00 - 1.00, all the other stats go from -2.00 to 2.00. (I got these from using the in game bot editor)

P.S, you spelt Agressiveness wrong ;)

oops & thanks

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Yap but JaFo`s manager has an option to display the stats how they look ingame (cost and skills) but this seems not to work right.
Maybe you can fix that? :)

nice idea though

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Pretty nifty. But does JaFo's create upl's? Never really used it. Only tried JaFo's once.

But to Race and Mesh you should make some drop down menues to choose from. And an Alternative one, where you can instert whatever custom race/mesh you might have.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
JaFo's will create upls.

I think I'll try to build it so it looks through all the .upl files in your system and automatically enters the data into a database for storage then you will be able to select a race/species/mesh from those stored in the database or have the alternative of making a new one. Also it would be handy to have a record of all you skins & models if you wanted to clean up your system a bit without having to worry about deleting the wrong stuff.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Probably will add this question to the code forum but thought I'd put it here first.

I got stuck on adding some extra stuff (file data) into the table.

1. I can parse out all the fields from the upl and get them into a table with no problem but I can't seem to find a way to insert the file name (actually correct filename) Ive tried everything I can think of as far as inserting the row item and assigning the value to the string but nothing seems to get it 100% right. About half of the rows show the incorrect file.

2. I'm also getting a lot of rows that only have the filename in them which makes me think it is related to the first problem but I cant seem to find it.

I am almost sure it will work if I get a couple things in the correct locations but I ran out of places to move things around (or I'm overlooking the right one)

If you would like to look it over here is a link for some of the source code.
http://continuumspage.50megs.com/UT2004/uplGenerator.html

example...