UE1 - UT Skaarj Squad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Some I made. Some I collected original templates (no team colors) from a now non·existant Unreal site. Some I got off Monster Hunt maps.

I team colored them all.

00bppkpa.png

link cuz the pic is WIDE:
http://pics.livejournal.com/evilgrins/pic/00bppkpa

Names, left to right:
AMUK*5, AZMODEL, DAMNATION, FUGLY, GENE·FREAK, GODZLAYER, GRUNT, HISH, Huggable George, INDIGO, ION, JARHEAD, KING, MERC, MINION, MONGER, OZONE, PARANOIA, PASTEL FIEND, PILOT, PREDATOR, PUDDLES, REPTILE, SANTA CLAWS, SCAR, SPOTS, TABBY, THUNDER, XENOMORPH, YAUTJA, & YETI.

31 Sktroopers, 1 shy of a full bot list.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Angel7? Wasn't that some player who made that skin? And I can see the edited realctf variant there too and xidia frozen trooper. Is that correct? They have been all recolored though right?

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Yuppers

Angel7? Wasn't that some player who made that skin? And I can see the edited realctf variant there too and xidia frozen trooper. Is that correct? They have been all recolored though right?
Yeah, I've gotten some of the skins from a now defunct Unreal site and MonsterHunt games. However, none of those had team colors...which all of these now do.

00byef6a.png

00byf1yw.png

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Ah I see. I wonder what would Angel7 say though, I believe I played with him few times years ago, don't think he is around though. But it feels odd that others would use a skin which was intended just for him, believe it was more of a personal skin and there are many like that, especially in Unreal, or now gone servers.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Frankly, content preservation (and updates for team game purposes and such) is more important than absent persons' eventual opinion. If he were around, that would be another matter of course.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
o_O

Ah I see. I wonder what would Angel7 say though, I believe I played with him few times years ago, don't think he is around though. But it feels odd that others would use a skin which was intended just for him, believe it was more of a personal skin and there are many like that, especially in Unreal, or now gone servers.

I never knew there was an actual Angel7. The site I got this from was like any other Unreal/UT skinning site. Numerous skins displayed, available for download. If the guy had intended his skin for his use alone then he shouldn't've submitted it to a skinning download site.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Maybe someone else submitted the skin there, happens sometimes. But maybe he intended it for other use as well, can't tell. However I can name various admins having their own skin not intended for anyone else, like white wolf(one skaarjtrooper skin and other male3 skin), 3, Bio-Hazard, BeetleJuice and many others.

I see whitewolf has there the skins for download though, except his skaarjtrooper personal skin, which I beleive was just on his old site.
http://medlem.spray.se/stenstrom123/wolfs_unreal_site.htm

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
not as such

If the orange one up there is the edited realCTF one you're referring to, it isn't. I made him before that was released. It was my first attempt to give standard Sktrooper team colors. Prior to realCTF there was a default team color Red & Blue, and that was it. So i made a green & yellow, enhanced the red & blue so they looked different than standard, and just went orange cuz...

...well, a long time back I read a lil' blurb on utskins.com, which sadly no longer exists, how a lot of the time most skinners don't use the colors pink, purple, and/or orange.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Sorry, but those two skins are either based on that or some of the oldskool included skins(which I am not sure if were there). So either you are lying now, or don't remember.

This is proof for my claim:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1089/sktrooperreal.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Anyone can compare it with that.

EDIT: You claim you made your skin before realctf got released and that there was red and blue skin variant before that? Bullshit, that red and blue variant came from realctf.
Seriously wtf, realctf goes back to 1998/1999, you even said you started to work on this in 2001. So...where do you fucking stand?

I think you are Kaal.

Last edited:

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
close enough

I see whitewolf has there the skins for download though, except his skaarjtrooper personal skin, which I beleive was just on his old site.
http://medlem.spray.se/stenstrom123/wolfs_unreal_site.htm

Actually, that's a different Santa Skaarj there than the one I use.

I also took the realCTF skins and altered them for my own use recently; like a month back. Was trying to switch the defaults so that when I hosted games and someone tried using a model/skin i didn't have they'd be forced into this:

00bzf0bd.png

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Sorry, but those two skins are either based on that or some of the oldskool included skins(which I am not sure if were there). So either you are lying now, or don't remember.

This is proof for my claim:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1089/sktrooperreal.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Anyone can compare it with that.

EDIT: You claim you made your skin before realctf got released and that there was red and blue skin variant before that? Bullshit, that red and blue variant came from realctf.
Seriously wtf, realctf goes back to 1998/1999, you even said you started to work on this in 2001. So...where do you fucking stand?

I think you are Kaal.
I'm not Kaal. I've been playing ut99 since it came out. If you wanna think I am Kaal...well, I can't think of any way to convince you otherwise so you go right ahead.

The red & blue skin team colors for the Sktrooper came with Usaar33's initial release of oldskool. The realCTF came out a couple years later. Although the red & blue skins for it also exiisted in the original Unreal game for team games it had so there.

The standard red & blue is obviously what I designed them off of, didn't say they weren't. Most of my skinning skills come just from altering the color range than actual digital painting. I just didn't get them from realCTF. I've since used realCTF for other things, see post before this one.

That's an odd skin display you got there. I'm used to seeing them displayed like this:

00bcyyyr.png

How precisely did realCTF come out in 1998 if Unreal Tournament didn't exist until 1999?

I'm not lying to you and my recall on this is perfect. The realCTF I'm familiar with, from the website, didn't come out until sometime after 2000. If there was another one it's news to me.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Thank you interet

It seems we're both right. I just googled realCTF and downloaded it so I could check the date of the files.

There was a realCTF, that I was previously unaware of, for Unreal 1. The team skins I did know from Unreal 1 were part of that. So, insofar as that goes, you were right. Big reason I didn't know about that is I've never played the 1st game of the series.

The realCTF skins I was referring to, that I hadn't used for the skins you're referring to, come from the ut99 version of realCTF, which wasn't released until 2001.

As stated, we're both right. Which of course means, we're both wrong.

I'm really not Kaal. If I could prove it to you I would but you'll just have to take it on faith.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
not quite

Seriously wtf, realctf goes back to 1998/1999, you even said you started to work on this in 2001.

I've been working on the numerous Sktrooper skins since 2001. I had a couple back before that before I really got into skinning though, just some monkeying around for my own purposes. Couldn't give you an exact date, been through a few different computers since then, but it was in 2000 somewhere.

Technically, it's all for my own purposes. I've never put my Sktroopers online for others to use. They're exclusively for me if I ever get around to hosting games again.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Oh well, I am sorry then. But oldskool came much later than realctf, usaar did reuse these skins in fact.

Yes it was for Unreal and there were no teamskins for the troopers originally, only realctf had them. Realtournament is completelly different mod btw and was unfinished compared to realctf.

Thanks for clearing this all up though, if you were Kaal you would probably jump off your skin, I just wanted to be sure since I wasn't the only one being suspicious.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
I accept your apology

Oh well, I am sorry then. But oldskool came much later than realctf, usaar did reuse these skins in fact.

Well, yes and no. Insofar as Unreal Tournament is concerned, Usaar33 released oldskool in 1999, shortly after the game came out. You can check the file dates yourself:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/Oldskoolzip/;1420633;/fileinfo.html

I get you kinda leapt to the conclusion. People do that. Although I would've preferred you kept said conclusion to this thread rather than mentioning it to others, possibly spreading the notion I am Kaal to people outside of this particular thread.

You're off my Christmas list.
000zke8r.gif

Pity too, I had a great gift for you.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, yes and no. Insofar as Unreal Tournament is concerned, Usaar33 released oldskool in 1999, shortly after the game came out. You can check the file dates yourself:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/Oldskoolzip/;1420633;/fileinfo.html

I get you kinda leapt to the conclusion. People do that. Although I would've preferred you kept said conclusion to this thread rather than mentioning it to others, possibly spreading the notion I am Kaal to people outside of this particular thread.

You're off my Christmas list.
000zke8r.gif

Pity too, I had a great gift for you.

Yea but that was the first version of oldskool it isn't the oldskool we came to know later on and this didn't have the skins yet.
Listen, I am sorry for jumping off the conclusion, but aside this forum I didn't spread it anywhere that you might be Kaal. And might, I was not sure and couldn't prove my statement and I jumped into that mood due to the consequences of the day, of me finding out about someone lied to me for a long time. You can see that I am at least honest about it and can admit to my mistake, unlike some people.

It is a hard time for a lot of people and in the consequences of the day I simply wouldn't trust anyone. If you get it. Sometimes you don't know who to trust.

EDIT: Wait a minute, weren't you on UT99.org forums too? Yes I believe I saw you there. Damn, why didn't I remember it earlier and from your earlier threads? I seriously have some problems with short term memory lately. If I remembered it I would not have said that I think you are Kaal. Lack of sleep...and not being able to rest properly..
mistakes like this don't happen to me often though. I should take it as a warning sign.

Last edited: