Skaarj In UT2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Mecha skaarj were the best thing about ECE 2k4

Normal skaarj in ut2k4 were terrible, poor quality models and textures

Szalor and Torgr from UC2 kick ass from a design point of view!

Perhaps Epic should think about having a Skaarj warlord with wings included!
Or at least a Warfare map set on na pali!

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
gregori said:
If they do the skaarj again, they should use the Skaarj troopers from Unreal this time!

The Mercenaries from Unreal would be better than the krall in all fairness!
They won't do the Skaarj again.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
gregori said:
Mecha skaarj were the best thing about ECE 2k4

Normal skaarj in ut2k4 were terrible, poor quality models and textures

Szalor and Torgr from UC2 kick ass from a design point of view!

Perhaps Epic should think about having a Skaarj warlord with wings included!
Or at least a Warfare map set on na pali!

The whole problem in UT2k4 is that all the models look the same. There is only a dandful of unique characters in 2k4. Thats one thing I liked about the bonus pack, the characters had personality and didn't all look the same.

I hope they use the unique models from 2k4, and UC2 , and just give them an over haul like they did Malcom. Plus work on making all the new characters with as much personality and uniqueness.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
gregori said:
Its as inevitable as **** that Epic will put the Skaarj in another installment of the unreal franchise whether it be UT2k7, or the next game :lol:

Considering that Skaarj are a pivotal part of the Unreal story, I have a hard time believing they could just leave them behind.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Yeah I dont understand the massive elephant tusks and teeth protruding from below......the smaller "tusks" and vampire teeth from above looked so hot and scary! (see earlier post of skaarj screenshot)

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
What these UT2k7 Krall are going to look like.........can't wait to see how Epic approaches these

If they do the skaarj again, the need to look Advanced like the mecha- skaarj
or skaarj troopers from Unreal

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
keyonte said:
to remove the juggernauts they would have to kill gorge or make ANOTHER error in the storyline
:confused: who mentioned the Jugs removal? The need a lot of work if they bring them back though. The Jugs were one of those models that all looked the same.

I agree with gregori about the Mecha Skaarj. So much more original. Though that one skaarj with no eyes was pretty cool, the rest were boring though.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Speaking of game errors, UT2007 needs more minorities. There were two Asians in UT2004. And they were girls too. Thin, stereotypical. Ok, I understand that this is a video game so there shouldn't be any racial issues involved, but it'd be nice if we had more male influence and, well, more Asians in general in the Unreal series.

We need more azn power!

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Now, I have to say whereas I agree with neil on the need for a few more eastern based type player charaters, there should be more russian and say Norweigen and Scandi types as well. I'm not saying YOOO HOO ! and Make up some Viking Player Models no, I'm saying more of a Futuristc based Uniform based off of today's Russian and Scandi Military Uniforms and see how they are accepted by the general Gamer Public/Community. There needs to be more in the melting pot is what I'm saying in a nutshell.

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
neilthecellist said:
Speaking of game errors, UT2007 needs more minorities. There were two Asians in UT2004. And they were girls too. Thin, stereotypical. Ok, I understand that this is a video game so there shouldn't be any racial issues involved, but it'd be nice if we had more male influence and, well, more Asians in general in the Unreal series.

We need more azn power!

Just wondering, which were they?

One was Sapphire and the other was...?

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
In regards to neilthecellist and Leonardo.
Most Asians I've met are pretty thin. And though I could be wrong weren’t some of the Jugs Russian?

I'm not disagreeing with you two. A larger variety of fine ethnic female warriors would be a nice and realistic change. I was just putting my two cents in on what you said.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Neophoenix said:
In regards to neilthecellist and Leonardo.
Most Asians I've met are pretty thin. And though I could be wrong weren’t some of the Jugs Russian?

I'm not disagreeing with you two. A larger variety of fine ethnic female warriors would be a nice and realistic change. I was just putting my two cents in on what you said.

"FINE" ethnic females. :eek: :D Damn straight!

Olga said:
The problem with U2 skaarj is they look too unintelligent. They look like a bunch of barbaric apes when they're supposed to be sophisticated warriors following a code.

They wear friggen body armor and look like they'll rip you to shreds if you look at them for too long.