UE1 - UT Skaarj Hybrid?? voicepack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thetox

U N S T O P P A B L E USER!!!
Dec 23, 2008
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi!
I was looking for a voice pack for Unreal Tournament 2000! I think it is called Skaarj Hybrid voice pack, but I'm not sure about that anymore since I can't find it anywhere...

It is a voice pack that contains almost the same taunts, orders, etc. as a normal Male Two voice pack, only this voice pack 'speaks' slower, and it's voice is a little bit deeper!

If anyone has a link for download, or if anyone owns the files needed to run the voice pack in the game please let me know.

You can E-Mail me this voice pack on the-tox2@hotmail.com in the .zip or .rar file!

Thanks in advance!

UT2000? According to your post, do you mean the voice pack for UT2004 or UT1?

It should be included in the UT. If it was for UT2004, I managed to find the voice pack, but it was in the very huge Unreal Tournament 2 Conversion.

By the way, this should not be in the Modeling & Skinning topic, but either Unreal Tournament or Unreal Tournament 2004 (2000?).

thetox

Dec 23, 2008
Zagreb, Croatia
Sorry about wrong topic ...
I'm a newbie here, and I have quickly posted this, so I guess I wasn't paying attention where am I posting this .....

I'm looking for a voice pack for Unreal Tournament 2000, not 2004. I think it is included in Unreal Tournament 2000 GOTY, but I don't have the GOTY version so...

But speaking of this (is it included or not) when I resume my saved Unreal Tournament Game season (not the practice season, but the one where you get trophies for each game type), in the CTF map 'The Lava Giant' I am fighting against Red Claw Team - The Skaarj Hybrids, and they have exact voicepack I am looking for, but I can't use it with my own player...
Maybe the .int file is missing, but still, I don't have any file named Skaarj Hybrid in my UnrealTournament folder...

So I don't know...
If you have file included in your game, can you please search for the file (you can use Unreal ED for help) and send it to me?

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Well yes there is that, but also our own beloved and somewhat reknown Lopar_XL has made quite a few voicepacks, including the Skaarjmech one I helped create. SO he might be one to ask to see if he has one avlib or might be able to help compile one for use with UT. Hope it helps? Happy holidays.

thetox

Dec 23, 2008
Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks guys for all your help! I have figured out what was the problem... I was trying to make Skaarj Hybrid skin so I replaced TskMskins.umx and .int file with the same corrupted file (because I f***ed something up while I was making the skin)!
I reinstalled bonuspacks (1 and 4) and a manifest.ini file in my System directory.
Thanks everyone!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Can anybody please explain why my soldier model bots with skaarij voice selected still have the normal death cries?

Last edited:
Can anybody please explain why my soldier model bots with skaarij voice selected still have the normal death cries?

The voice pack does not change the pawn sounds. You have to create a new bot class (which can be found at Actor>Pawn>Bot>HumanBotPlus) to change its sounds. Since you want your soldier model use the Skaarj's sounds, create a class from the TMale2Bot.

If you want to play as that soldier model with the Skaarj voice, create a player pawn (which is at Actor>Pawn>PlayerPawn>TournamentPlayer>TournamentMale>TMale2) and change the pawn sounds as well.