Other Skaarj BattleCruiser, Occupant17 new pictures.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I have been re-working Level One of Occupant17.

It's a Skaarj BattleCruiser that the remaining members of Occupant17 had "stolen".

I sort of stuck to the green classic Skaarj ship-look. I used the Desp-SM StaticMeshes for the Green lights and even though it looks big there are very tight areas in the Level.

The Cruiser is on fire and crippled by bombardment from the attacking Skaar but they want the BattleCruiser back and you have to eliminate all the Skaarj that are attacking the Cruiser.

That was hard in UnrealEd working out how to make sure ALL Skaarj are dead.. but I managed it by very long scripted Events

The wall/StaticMesh Textures are shiny (cubemapped?) and in the pics they look a bit flat but once your running around they come to life.

A couple of Movie pictures are in here from the Level One intromovie but I didn't add too many movie pics as that would take the fun away. Making the 40 second movie took about a week :)

Making the main intromovie took over a month. Sometimes xpawns don't play ball.

NOTE: This Mod is still pre-alpha and I maybe adding more detail etc.. to the ship.

Movie Picture

Movie Picture

Movie Picture

Last edited:

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
I agree, needs some more light sources. Dark and creepy is a legit look, but it works better in films than in UT. Also the wooden crates look out of place, and the green texture is overscaled and overused. As I recall, Desp made a few other static mesh and texture packages for his CBP2 map and CTF-Gralada. Some of those would suit the theme of this map and give you a bunch more design options.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I took the pictures off my Fraps movie thing. I know Fraps makes movies darker, as pointed out the textures are shiny and yeah these pics really don't show how the level works.

I'll have to make a YouTube video soon.