1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Site ad banners

Discussion in 'Site Discussion / Suggestions' started by ZenPirate, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

I've noticed a lot of spam type banner ads on top of the forums lately. A good example is noted in this off topic thread:
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=183606

Does BeyondUnreal have any control/input in the content of advert placement, or are we stuck with whatever we get? Personally, I'm sure the vast majority of our users aren't dumb enough to fall for crappy ads, but if there are product ads more targeted that forumers could actually purchase (legally..)

2. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Do you like tupac, yes/no?

3. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

well, I clicked on the current link and I got a internet certificate of internet marketing. lol.

IIRC the ads go by what the topic is or what's most in the thread etc. I think we should all type the word SEX or NUDE in alot to get some good decent ads rolling up in here.

SEX NUDE SEX NUDE SEX NUDE SEX NUDE BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS SEX NUDE

4. haarg

haarg PC blowticious

We're working on getting some of this dealt with.

5. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

This might just work :p

6. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I don't see any ads.

Yay adblock! D:

7. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

All junk banner ads aside, you *should* at least whitelist BeyondUnreal to support it.

8. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Yeah. I actually whitelisted BU just so I could support it. I click on the links every now and then too.

I see we have a new Scientology ad. I might join them, sounds intresting. THANKS BU!

SEX NUDE SEX NUDE SEX NUDE SEX NUDE BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS SEX NUDE

9. Hyper

Hyper Hyper.nl Unreal Services