1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sister requesting female skin

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by LiquidSnake, Jan 1, 2004.

1. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake New Member

just asking because my sister has been complaining alot about the skins.

2. SaraP

SaraP New Member

I've been asking for a while, myself, but I seem to be the only girl on the forums at all.

3. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

I'm pretty sure that would require more than a simple skin. As far as I know a new model would also mean a lot of animating work as well... I don't think the results really warrant all the work.

4. NTKB

NTKB Banned

yeah we really need to animate bouncing boobs :rolleyes: :lol:

5. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

All you'd really need to change would be the face. When your in full combat gear, unless the girlies got "a figure to die for" your not going to tell if the body is male or female. When she moves you'd tell as girlies move differently from blokes but as the guy in INF doesn't move with all the subtlety of a human I don't see any point in trying to model the walk.

6. FieldMedic

FieldMedic Less good UT Player ever

Look there and scroll down
    You will find that Dr Kim made a female face skin pack that should interest your sister ;) .
    Dont know if it works for INF2.9
    Download and test it

7. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

for the case you want to implement a new female model...
    you would 'only' need a new woman soldier mesh using our bone structure... the animations can then be used without a problem...

But is it really worth it? we had this discussion in the female skin thread already. ;)

8. ThunderChunky

ThunderChunky L337 Cube H@X0®

The internet is a wonderful place if all you're requesting is female skin...

Oh... wait... I'll just shut up.

9. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

10. Dr.J

Dr.J Staying Alive.

this has been talked about so many times... just look here

[​IMG]

i didnt even really notice that spc grimes (chick in the centre) was female until i was reading the article and it was referring to her as 'her'.... so female soldiers would only require a face change if you ask me... but as in the whole head remodelled to fit the female facial bone structure :)

11. Gnam

Gnam Member

Dr. J, that's an excellent example. I saw that magazine in stores several times before now, and gave it a thorough glance, and never noticed it was a girl till you mentioned it.

I'm guessing in the end you wouldn't notice a major difference unless the female soldier looked like a supermodel, and generally supermodels don't join the army (not that I mean to say that all female soldiers are ugly or anything). Still, it would be nice to have a female model anyway just for the sake of representing both sexes. Of course it's not a top priority feature, but it would be a nice extra if there was time.

12. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

As far as I know, there are practically no female frontline troops. They always fill some rear echelon role.

Even if they were in a standard frontline division, it would be even less likely that they would be in a spec ops squad like in INF.

13. SaraP

SaraP New Member

On the other hand, there are a significant number of girls who play Infiltration, and most of us *strongly* dislike having to use a male character.

14. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

I dislike to having to use a male character too. weeee

And keihas, are you speaking of the US only ? Isreal has a lot of female fighters.

15. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Uh, well I was talking about most countries (US, Britain, Germany, France, Russia, etc.) but I don't know all that much about Isreal's armed forces other than, IIRC military service is mandatory for all citizens.

It seems the best way to have female soldiers in INF would be to create a new face and voicepack. Then, if possible slightly shrink the INF soldier model (like the reverse of the fatman).

16. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

Are you saying women are smaller and weaker than men? Are you saying that they arn't worth a full sized model? KILL KW! KILL THE SEXEST PIG!

;)

17. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Hmmm, Is inf about regular soldier or commando ? Because if it is the second case, most country doesn't allow female

18. Da_Blade

Da_Blade Da sharpest man around!

Got a point there Darkbls. Most armed forces don't allow women commandos.

19. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

For F*ck Sake. Look at what Dr. J posted. That is the case 90% of the time, so dust off your imagination and give you "male" soldier a female name and call it done. How goddamn realistic is an all female infantry unit? Because if there were female skins, that is what you would get. :rolleyes:

20. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

Why?

IMHO one of Inf's strongest points is character customisation.

I don't think we should just exclude fifty percent of the population from that.

I am in favour of more character options, including gender.