Since INF for. is pretty quiet...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
Since INF for. is pretty quiet after crash and on my new PC INF wont work, I decided to keep things up a bit and post some screens of my first model "Steyr M-A1". It is not finished yet, and probably never will be. I made it some months 5-6 months ago, and after my old PC crashed, thinked it is lost, but today I found it on one of my file cd's (stil all collection of gun images are lost).

As I mentoned before, it is not finished, it has some probs. that has to be improved, but I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions since this is my first model ( feel free to complain how good or bad it is at this point)

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
sorry, that no images showed at the first post, I think they are too big, i hope this time they will

Attachments

• m-a1-mazs.bmp
    469.8 KB · Views: 30
  • m-a1-2-mazs.bmp
    469.8 KB · Views: 18
  • m-a1-3-mazs.bmp
    469.8 KB · Views: 16
  • m-a1-4-mazs.bmp
    469.8 KB · Views: 12

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
looks pretty nice. Funny, i've never heard of the M-A1 nor do i recognise it. It's a very nice model, but it's a pitty you don't think it'll ever get ingame.

You wound't happen to be able to animate would you? I hear thats whats stopping Geo from getting the L85 ingame.

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
If I will find good tutorial for animating, then I will, but that is too far future to be discused, because I have no idea how to do that and before that I need finish model and skin it.

What I am really proud of in this model - slide, it is 1:1 with the real one, the only mistake with it is that since I was using 2 different progs for modeling slide and body, grip, its extractor is on the wrong side, but I hope that with mirror function I will be able to fix it.

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
LD its a handgun made by steyr, a arms manufacturer from austria they also make the steyr AUG rifles :)
there is also a civilian branch wich makes handguns and hunting rifles and sports weapons

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Yeah, i know about Steyr, it's just i'd never heard of the M-A1 designation nor did the handgun itself look familiar.

@ Lidz, Well good luck with it, i thought the ejection port was on the wrong side, since most handguns are designed with the ejection port on the right side, for right handed shooters so they don't get hot shell casings flicking up into their face, or going down the front of their shirt (which can happen depending on how you must hold the handgun in the situation).

Lidzsvars

Nov 13, 2004
i thought the ejection port was on the wrong side, since most handguns are designed with the ejection port on the right side, for right handed shooters so they don't get hot shell casings flicking up into their face, or going down the front of their shirt (which can happen depending on how you must hold the handgun in the situation).

Yes, I know, I already wrote about that mistake (I made it because used 2 different progs for creating slide and rest of the gun), but I hope that with mirror function I ll be able to fix it. Thanks for warning anyway!!!

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
Lidzsvars, nice effort. Good to see somebody actually modelling. I hope you'll eventually finish it, and honour us with a release. You have quite a skills...