1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Simulating lag in Instant Action

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by m&ms, Aug 3, 2003.

1. m&ms

m&ms Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.

request

i don't even know if this is possible....but here is my idea anyway
    basically what i want is a mutator that simulates pings in instant action...anywhere from 0 to 500 to accomodate everybody
    i really want this because i'm on a 56k and practicing in instant action as it is really doesn't help improve my online skills...and i don't want to have to play online every time just to practice

if i sould like an idiot its cuz i've been up for almost 40 hours...but i really do want this mut

2. punk129

punk129 !!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Crazy idea, but I think nobody needs that. You are the only one who could need that I think

3. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

You could do it like many coders do to test their netcode and start a dedicated server on your computer, then join it from the same computer.

Unreal Wiki: Debugging Techniques explains how to set this up, and also explains how to "simulate" all sorts of network annoyances (lag, packet loss, and so on).