1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silenced AKMSU

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Psychomorph, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Streaks

Streaks Crunchings and munchings!

Most excellent, thanks!

2. Medevac

Medevac New Member

Ok, first off........about the whole magazine/clip thing. A magazine is an external ammo feeder, while a clip is used to put bullets into the gun, i.e: the Garand M1. A silencer works good for the M16 or M4 because they are of the blow-back category. The reason any AK configuration rifle is hard to SILENCE is because it is gas opperated, so if you were to take some of the powder out and put in a heavier bullet, the rifle would not load right, could jam, or not work at all. And oh yeah, the suppressor/silencer thing: a silencer SILENCES the weapon,making the only noise ur hear the firing pin/hammer. A suppressor on the other hand will cut down on muzzle flash and noise, but you will hear the sneeze sound that guns make on movies like 007. One more thing......just about all weapons have a sub-sonic round that you can buy for them.

3. [C22]-Acolyte

[C22]-Acolyte Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!

Let the brown, smelly stuff fly ;)

4. Medevac

Medevac New Member

Sorry about that, I didnt mean to get to technical, but thats how it works!
    If you have any questions about guns, or silencers, or anything having to do with almost any firearm, just post and ill reply

5. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Not quite. For one, a lot of what you posted wasn't right.

The clip/mag thing isn't exactly wrong per se, but I will say that the Garand is singularly the worst firearm in the history of clip loaded rifles that you could pick as an example. The en bloc configuration is unique and rather different from your average clip.

The AR15 series is gas operated. I don't know where you everheard otherwise, but that is not disputable. They work just fine with suppression, and just as well as an AK. With full suppression, yes, there are issues with cycling, but I don't know why you would assume recoil operated weapons wouldn't also have problems cycling properly with unusually light loads. It's a common problem with suppression no matter the action (well, at least with atomatics, anyway).

A silencer is a rather unique thing, and it's not just that it literally silences the weapon. The only weapons to which silencer can be accurately applied without making the nearest even slightly gun-knowledgable person cringe are a number of Russian oddities using some stranged, closed case designs. Simply being very effective doesn't make a suppressor into silencer, and suppressors do not always stop at merely lessening report.

6. Streaks

:con:

Medevac, your grasp of the techincal details simply is beyond my comprehension :shake:

I'm not even going to get into the details as I am at work and simply don't have time right now. But needless to say, the Colt rifles (you know, M16A2 and M4), ARE gas opperated. Yes the AK family is too but this has nothing to do with their suppression characteristics.

It's a _SUPPRESSOR_ because it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to ~silence~ a weapon. Yes it will work on rifles WITH standard ammo (reference: the special purpose rifle, SPR).

Something about powder....bullet weight....not loading right...jamming......uhg

Dude do some research, go subscribe to some good magazines and pick up some good books. Learn about how rounds are actually loaded (i.e. most have room between the powder charge and bullet), and some basic firearms info. Also, read up on the forums about technical info. Because to be honest, it sounds to me like all your data comes from movies man, and bad ones at that.

Not trying to bash you here, but trust me, I'm a lot nicer than a lot of fellows (even a lady or two ;) ), on these forums!

Streaks: nit-picker ;)

7. Dr.J

Dr.J Staying Alive.

that doesnt quite comply with what you said at the AKM thread, NTKB :D

8. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Not saying much, Streak. Almost everyone aruond here is friendlier than the elusive and cruel factninja that is SaraP.

9. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

Groooooooone Not again :(

10. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

don't bother tiffy.

11. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I thought you would be used by now Tiffy... well I can't blame you... i'm not either.

12. Streaks

LOL, but that's one of the things that makes her aluring! :cool: (not to mention the fact that she's dead sexy).