Silenced AKMSU

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I love the AKMSU, but a silenced version would be godlike. In the new bonuspack will be the M4A1, it is perfect if you need a shorter M16, but a silenced M4 is still longer than a silenced AKMSU.
I don´t really understand why they is not allready a silencer for the AK in INF, but it should be.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
It wouldn't work too well. There are supressors for the AK, AKM series of weapons, but they don't work very well. I have a book on suppressors buried in my mass of books somewhere around here explaining why its near impossible to supress an AK. The AK is a very loud weapon. I tried shooting mine without ear protection once and was near deaf after about three shots off of it. Took two days to get the ringing out of my ears. You could underload the powder and/or use a heavier bullet to try to get it down under the speed of sound but that would be extreme. Then theres the issue with the gas ports which are louder than a .22 going off. I actually tried to build one once but the first shot blew the supressor off my rifle. Haven't tried it since. I don't know how there supressing the M4 or M16. They must really have to underload the bullet and then put a heavier round on it. But from what I've seen of experts trying to supress the AK, they aren't having much luck. Its still very loud.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
booo.. There are too many suppressors in INF as it is with no disadvantages. The suppressor for the mp5, m16a4, and famas are all too good imo. They offer basically no disadvantage. They cost 1 or 2 bulk, which is nothing when you compare it to the 5 needed for a scope.

Not only that, but they basically do the same damage! The suppressed mp5 does EXACTLY the same damage. The m16a4 and famas still take 2 shots to kill, so it is really no difference. The penetration and ballistics are identical too.

The only suppressor that has any drawbacks is the P90. At least that one takes an extra hit to kill. I think its penetration should have been lowered though.

[/end rant]

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Hmm, ok the Defs have to redo the suppressed guns.

@Logan6:
Sure, the AK is an damn old technology (it is near a WW2 gun), but the short AK`s are used with suppressors.

As I know, the AKMSU is an hungarian weapon, but the original russian AKS74-U seems to be the absolutely same weapon, why INF doesn´t go for it? The russian special forces use it with suppressors. But they use more often the integrated suppressor weapon, which is the same as the VSS Vintorez, but without scope (don´t know the name).

I play often with the AK, but I dontl ike the skin, what about this? It would take some minutes to redo the actual skin :D.

aks74u-3.jpg

aks74u-pbs3.jpg

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
I think you might have sparked off on the wrong direction. The best route to getting the weapon of your choice is contacting a few modders directly. Asking the development team to redo, or worse yet completely design from anew, a weapon that is basically already in the game would be generally a bad idea. Furthermore, I think the values they have input for the suppressors are the ones they want - they beta tested the crap outta 2.9 and I highly doubt they'd be willing to change those values without the finger (or larger body part) of god directing them to do so.

I also seem to remember a thread ages ago regarding the disregarding of further AK weapon requests... ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It is not a weapon request, I never do weapon requests. It is a weapon attachment request, lol :D

But the AKMSU and AKS-74U looks absolutely identical to me (?).
My thought was, that maybe the AKMSU do not use silencers, but the AKS-74U definitely does, and therefore it would be good to change just the name of the AK, lol it looks the same, so no new model and stuff. But it was only a thought.

For the skin, I asked, cuz I hate the actual skin as hell, the orange and blue/grey... awwww. A black metal and more woodish looking darker red/brown grip would be cool.

Is they a way to make a skin mut for myself? I would have no probs to do that.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yes, but this difficulty is not really a difficulty. As I think, the most players in INF are not sightshooter like me, but hipshooter, especially in CQB. So...
But I want that silencer :( :D.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I feel old. Whatever happened to using a red-hot poker on people who use "silencer" and "silenced"? No one respects the old traditions anymore, meh. :(

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I've not arrived yet.
Oh, right... it's SUPPRESSOR not silencer, and MAGAZINE not clip.
Happy now? :p

Psycomorph, are you serious? I very very rarely use weapons from the hip.

There won't be any editing of weapons already in the game. The Mod Team is working on getting some sort of AK variant in-game, can't remember which.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Crowze said:
Thats good :)

Crowze said:
There won't be any editing of weapons already in the game. The Mod Team is working on getting some sort of AK variant in-game, can't remember which.
You mean no editings from now? Cuz SS did editings on the famas!

New AK is sounds good. But I still have a request for a better AKMSU skin :D

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Nightmare said:
I've used a civilian version of the Finnish type 95 assault rifle with a suppressor. It wasn't really too loud, about comparable to a .22 rifle. Now imagine it with a Russian Cobra reflex sight and the 75-shot RPK drum...
That would be Godlike :eek:

Last edited:

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
Well I've been asked by certain folks at the Inf Mod Team to make the AKS74U with all the attachements inc. supressor and supressed 30mm nade launcher. Maybe that will satisfy you? :p

Oh and it will be of the smaller calibre 5.45 x 39mm.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Nice!

Damn, I forgot that AKMSU is 7.62. But anyway, I think a 5.45 AK is better with that short size and on short distances.
Hmm, I actually just think about to have both weapons ingame.

What about to let the AKMSU as it is now, with only a drum as attachment?

And have the AKS74U without the drum, but silencer (suppressor, what ever), and the nadelauncher, maybe a sightning system like a small scope would be good.
This weapon should just have a little diferent skin, like I explained, darker metal (black?) and red/brown grip as on the pics I posted.
It wouldn´t be any harder work, cuz the model is like it is, maybe just the magazine little slim. The animations would be the same. For the nadelauncher you could use the M203 animation. You have only to make new reload animations (and the nadelauncher bullet mag reload).
http://world.guns.ru/assault/aks74u-ts.jpg

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Crowze said:
I've not arrived yet.
Oh, right... it's SUPPRESSOR not silencer, and MAGAZINE not clip.
Happy now? :p

the RK95 is an AK clone. Oh, and whoever said the bonuspack included an M4 is misinformed, we are making the M4 not the SS team.

Psychomorph said:
Nice!

Damn, I forgot that AKMSU is 7.62. But anyway, I think a 5.45 AK is better with that short size and on short distances.
Hmm, I actually just think about to have both weapons ingame.

What about to let the AKMSU as it is now, with only a drum as attachment?

And have the AKS74U without the drum, but silencer (suppressor, what ever), and the nadelauncher, maybe a sightning system like a small scope would be good.
This weapon should just have a little diferent skin, like I explained, darker metal (black?) and red/brown grip as on the pics I posted.
It wouldn´t be any harder work, cuz the model is like it is, maybe just the magazine little slim. The animations would be the same. For the nadelauncher you could use the M203 animation. You have only to make new reload animations (and the nadelauncher bullet mag reload).
http://world.guns.ru/assault/aks74u-ts.jpg

Doesn't work like that Psychomorph. The animations are specific to the model and i don't think its possible to use animations from one weapons on a totally different weapon. Besides i do not believe the Russian Grenadelaunchers reload the same way the M203 does. It'll be a new model with new animations and a new skin. A different calibre (5.45x39), and more attachments. IIRC the AKS74U is somewhat similar to the M4 as far as attachment availability (although i don't think it has quite as many attachments).

Last edited:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Russki nade launchers are muzzle-loaders.

A fully equiped AK74SU with all teh attachments would be an interested M4 counterpart.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
keihaswarrior said:
IRL is would, BUT in INF it doesn't. The famas and mp5 have the same collision length with or without the suppressor, so there is no added difficulty.

I think these pictures prove you wrong...

2 left ones were both take with supressor, the right ones without. I always moved forward untill I got stuck at the wall.

Attachments

• with_aim.jpg
    with_aim.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 78
  • with_noaim.jpg
    with_noaim.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 55
  • without_aim.jpg
    without_aim.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 60
  • without_noaim.jpg
    without_noaim.jpg