1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX Siege Evolution

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Bulska, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Bulska

Bulska Just me

I'm working on an expansion for Siege2004, but I have a few problems I don't know how to fix.

Siege2004 is a modification for Unreal Tournament 2004, where CTF and BR maps are converted for use in Siege. The flags and gates become Basecores (much like powercores), your team needs to destroy the enemy basecore.
    You spawn with only an Assault Rifle, Shieldgun and Multitool. With the multitool you can build structures around the map. By the use of these structures you can build up a defense, economy and armory and attack the enemy base.

The creator of this mod is Johannes '[A|K]Leviathan' Sievert. I've tried to contact him in various ways but it seems he has dissapeared from the internets. If anyone might know a way to contact him, please let me know, I really need to ask him a few things.

I've taken this code and edited it to bring much more content and customization to the mod without changing the original gameplay too much. So far, a lot of things work fine. But I have a lot of trouble when running tests in a LAN server. Client side is missing information which are set in the new Game Rules I've added. I've looked trough all the code and the new game rules are in every piece of code the old game rules are.

What can be the cause of this problem? I've got a lot of trouble with this.

2. Phoenix_Wing

Phoenix_Wing Official Kantham Stalker

3. Bulska

Bulska Just me

Thanks!
    I'll take a look trough that first.

4. Bulska

Bulska Just me

Havent been able to resolve the problem

The situation is that I added a few gamerules to the gamemode. Which are noted everywhere the original gamerules are noted, I looked trough all the code I can reach.

Still, even when the new rules are at the same place as the old ones, only the old ones are send through to the clients. Anyone know what might be wrong?

I decompiled the original mod, so I only have acces to the .u files, although there are another files. an INT and UCL. I don't know how to edit those, might that be the problem?