1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should the INF team add anymore Machine Guns than they already have planned?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Angel Of Death, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Angel Of Death

Angel Of Death New Member

I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but the only machine gun(not counting the Browning) the INF team has planned is the FN Minimi. I actually have a big problem with this. Not because they're putting the SAW in the game, but because that's all they're putting in the game. What do you think? Post about any new MG's you would want added to the game.

2. Styx_Surfer

Styx_Surfer Pictor Habilis

M-60 to the people!

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
    [​IMG]
    My homepage

3. ]PaS[ShogunAssassin

]PaS[ShogunAssassin New Member

I'd have to agree with the M60, but what about the belt fed M16?? (It's discussed under a seperate message)

4. Zaptruder

Zaptruder New Member

Zaptruder

no offense to the Infiltration team... but in all honesty, the way the machine gun has been implemented in INF leaves alot to be desired. In other words IT SUCKS ALOT OF A$$.

I think the major flaw is in the way a person walks up to it and accidentally engages it. I think the INF team should include an action key to activate things including doors (what if you wanna hide behind the door??!!) and machine guns. Hell if possible why not make vehicles drivable in this fashion? maybe.

Also when you engage the machine gun, the angle looks wild and is very hard to find centre, requiring a finger to locate it. ONce engaged, the gunner should be looking at it with its sights in the centre. (Like aiming with normal weapons).

Welcome to Zap's Palace and Fine Emporium, featuring his harem of 1001 beautiful women and exotic goods.

5. Curtz

Curtz New Member

Thats the M2HB .50 machine gun, what they are discussing is the FN M249 Minimi Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW). I would like to see one more SAW, but if the team feels it would be a waste of time, I would'nt loose any sleep over it.

Lags a bitch, and then you die.
    Official "paranoid-nut" of the BMA, and ex-evil overlord wannabe.

6. Angel Of Death

I would like to see a H&K come into place. The 21E is pretty sweet. It's a 7.62 and has semi-auto, full-auto, and 3-round burst.

The gates of Hell are awaiting as you see.. There's no price to pay just follow me.. I can take your lost souls from the grave.. Jesus knows your soul cannot be saved.

7. BiG_E

BiG_E New Member

guns

Just keep adding guns. Add all the guns that you can think of as long as their realistic it's good.

8. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy alive

I personally don't even see how the saw is going to do infiltration good. its only gonna be usefull in the extremely large maps.

[​IMG]

9. Angel Of Death

I wouldn't mind having it for like Facing Worlds or something. I generally like being the sniper or giving my team some kind of support. The SAW would be cool for like the home stretch or something. But for online play, it wouldn't play a big role when the whole objective is killing.

The gates of Hell are awaiting as you see.. There's no price to pay just follow me.. I can take your lost souls from the grave.. Jesus knows your soul cannot be saved.

10. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

I agree that there should be a at least one more machine gun. I don't think a converted M16 to run off a belt feed is really the answer, as I can't see it being used in combat very realistically versus a dedicated machine gun (and I don't really have a suggestion because I have no real knowledge in machine guns).

However, before we all go and request that a second machine gun be added to INF, I'd like to see the SAW actually available in the game. It was my request for the 2.85 (though I don't have a problem with the SIG 551). Like AoD, I love supporting weapons, and would love to mow down a row of bots with a SAW.

------------------------------
    "In the shadows of
    death; I lurk. I am the
    Darkness that
    consumes you all."

11. the real pacman

the real pacman Gwen's my hoe

I think that the INF team not only has their work cut out for them but they should stick with the more "standard weapons" rather than just adding every damn weapon that was ever made. For the reason that IRL, you would only have access to these specific weapons in these certain circumstances. Rather than being able to use any freaking weapon that was ever even dreamt of by some designer.

[​IMG]
    Together we stand... Divided we fall.
    Pacman@planetunreal.com

12. azzkiker

azzkiker New Member

I think that there are plenty of things keeping the team busy right now. If they had the time for it I wouldn't be opposed to an M60. However, I'd rather see things that are already on the roadmap... like the MK23 SOCOM, or the FN P90. If we add something, I think that there are a few things that could go or be put on hold for better weapons. I dont see a need for the G2, the M4 A1 should have a 14.5" barrel or shorter so that it can be the CQB 5.56mm. You should have the option of longer or shorter barrels in the M4, with silencers for the shorter versions. Such a short barrel might not allow for an M203, but the m16 already has that. I also dont know why they are putting so much effort into three variants of the MP5. The MP5 Navy is by far the most commonly used by the military. I say out with one of these three in favor of something better (UMP45? or that M60?)

13. Angel Of Death

I never suggested that damn M16. I say if they were to put a new machine gun in it should be a standard issued machine gun like and M60, RPK, H&K 21E, etc.

14. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

azzkiker: Actually, the MP5N series is more versatile than the UMP. Is is yet to be proven that the UMP is clearly the MP5's 'better'.

The M60 is in obsolescence. And the G2 is shorter than even the colt commando with it's 11.5 inch barrel when the stock is open.

Everybody: I can't say what exactly we're doing but I can say that we have a full shedule and a working timetable. Hence, little room to indulge you guys in your preferred hardware.

[​IMG]

15. I_ABuGa

I_ABuGa Vetran

Last I checked the UMP has a slower rate of fire and greater kickback. It has a bigger caliber?

Anywho Shakken, unless you wanna shed some light on the "secret master plan", please just shaddap. You arent helping us.

16. Angel Of Death

ShakKen...

Dude, I don't want to be rude or nothing, but instead of just telling us that you have a big schedule couldn't just update the Roadmap or the Armory? That's really all I would like to see.

17. Col.Sanders

Col.Sanders New Member

I'd like to see the existing weapons done well, than 340 weapons done poorly.

But if anything should be added, look at the holes in the Armory:
    4 Handguns
    2 Shotguns
    5 SMG's
    6 assault rifles
    2 sniper rifles
    1 MG

Perhaps a single weapon could be added, to fill out the AR/sr/MG camp. Something along the lines of a 7.62x51mm rifle, with a 20-round box mag, and full-auto ability.
    Maybe allow it to have a scope OR a drum mag, to keep people from using it like a scoped machinegun.
    There are plenty of rifles which fit this bill, like the HK g3, FN-FAL, etc.

The point is, a real M60 or other GPMG is a two- or three-man affair in combat, and needs spare barrels and ammo. I don't think that level of co-operation is consistent with INF.

However it turns out, another 7.62x51mm rifle would be appreciated, even if it was a Robar SR60 or SR60D. Something lighter/cheaper than the PSG-1, but not the Robar .50.
    <A HREF="http://www.securityarms.com/20001101/r.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.securityarms.com/20001101/r.htm</A>

[This message was edited by Col.Sanders on Nov 22, 2000 at 10:46.]

18. I_ABuGa

I_ABuGa Vetran

ditto Angel_o_death. me sounded a little snippy there - blame it on a little unhealthy impatience.

19. Angel Of Death

Col. Sanders, an M60 E3 is a one man job just like any other new machine gun. Most machine guns now and days are fed from a box and you don't need another person to feed the bullets in. The really old M60s from Vietnam or whatever were two man jobs, but the new ones are carried around like a normal rifle but have hell of a lot more power. No 7.62 rifle could fill the job of a 7.62 machine gun. Even if a rifle could carry a 100 round mag it would more than likely jam.

20. Cuchullain

Cuchullain New Member

Squad support weaponry

I'd like to see a heavy support gun in the game. Something along the lines of an M60. I honestly don't know what the current equivalant would be. But there is definately a roll for a squad level support machine gun. Heck, it may even need other team member to carry ammo.

As for the needing larger maps comment. There seems to be a movement towards a larger map. Extreme Prejudice comes to mind. On a map of this scale I can easily see 16 guys on there. With two teams. Each split in to 2 four man groups. A support person on one team could carry a PSG. The other teams support person could carry something equivalent to the m60?

Just thinkin' out loud...

Inf team keep on rockin'! I might wish for stuff, but I'll take what ever you hand me! After all beggars can't be choosers!

I BELIEVE IN GREATER ACCURACY THROUGH VOLUME!!

Dedicated to providing the Infiltration community with a one-stop source for information and fun, friendly on-line gaming.

Visit us at www.sgservers.com.