Should Moofis return to FH society by his cali trip?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Moofis

May 20, 2004
Hi guys. Im planning on buying a new ut2004 later on it just the queston of How later? My cali trip is next weekend so i have a bit of a while to think about it. Your guys word may help in my descision. If i dont get a new ut2004, my money will go to getting the DOOM 3 Expansion. Any words of advice from you guys? Thanks. BTW I turned 14 on january :D. Being a teenager rules

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Buy a new UT2004.

UT2004 has so much more to offer than Doom 3. Hundreds of mods/muts/maps/etc. you name it. :)
Doom 3 is "fun" for one SP game, after that, you try MP. It might be fun for a little while, but you'll easily get bored of the repetitive gameplay... over and over again. :(
I got my Doom 3 copy from a friend. The game looks cool, but the gameplay is so much repetitive and easy to predict.. it takes all the fun away. I even haven't finished the game, nor tried MP.
I wanted to buy this game myself, but I'm glad I didn't.
So.. IMHO you're wasting money when buying Doom3/expansionpack.
So, do yourself a favour and get a new copy of UT2004. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Moofis

May 20, 2004
Dark_Dust said:
Buy a new UT2004.

UT2004 has so much more to offer than Doom 3. Hundreds of mods/muts/maps/etc. you name it. :)
Doom 3 is "fun" for one SP game, after that, you try MP. It might be fun for a little while, but you'll easily get bored of the repetitive gameplay... over and over again. :(
I got my Doom 3 copy from a friend. The game looks cool, but the gameplay is so much repetitive and easy to predict.. it takes all the fun away. I even haven't finished the game, nor tried MP.
I wanted to buy this game myself, but I'm glad I didn't.
So.. IMHO you're wasting money when buying Doom3/expansionpack.
So, do yourself a favour and get a new copy of UT2004. :)

Heh I know what you mean, im so bored now. I cant leave the house or nothing. I have a 30$ best buy gift card to buy ut2004 with just the bastards didnt have a CD ROM version at the time.

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Buy UT2k4. Then you can play vCTF, which is now officially the most fun to have online EVER. Period.

eklipse

The Combo Whoring Yoshi
Oct 27, 2004
if you have the money, get both. ive gotten Doom 3 and UT and im satisfied :). UT for multi, and Doom 3 for single. both have mods to choose from, but of course UT has much much more :p.

Moofis

May 20, 2004
At last, I was FINALLY able to get UT2004 and god its runs like a dream on my new computer. The timing couldnt be any better either. I get it and BAM! FHIv4 is out. :D