Should I model with Maya or 3D-Studio Max?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
EvilEngine said:
Workflow for max is pretty smooth for me, especially for how many hours I spend working in it.
Rigging, animating and custom skeletal creation takes just a few minutes for me now.
But everyone is different, and the only way to know is to try anything you can get your hands on.
If your really into Unreal character design, ask the guys who have been doing it for a couple years or more, they usually will have gone through the ups and downs and have tons of tricks to get the job done with as little stress as possible.
It's not hard to find these guys, theres a bunch who hang around in various 3d forums.
:)

i know for a fact that blender it takes the same amount of time as 3dsmax, after you learn it, and best of all, it is open source :D ( and as for custom scripts and stuff, that is also easy to do, i know for a fact that unreal psa and psk are goin to be supported before the end of november, but psa might not be completely finished)