1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shock primary vs LG

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Bullet10k, Apr 12, 2006.

?

Shock primary or LG

1. Shock primary

54.3%
  2. LG

45.7%
  1. Wookiee

Wookiee Lets Rock

I play VCTF, and the shock primary is a necessity for killing raptors/mantas.

However, I use the LG MUCH more for killing other players.

I guess if it really came down to it, I'd have to choose shock, just because of the usefulness.

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Shock primary in VCTF. Always. Against EVERYTHING.
    Piss me off.

3. nuttella

nuttella Scare

If it didn't kill everything so well I wouldn't use it.

4. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

removed last two posts so that we can move on...

5. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

You could take two identical bots and give one the Ltg and one the Shock and put them in a square room and see who wins.

Edit: ahh you'd have to alter the bots so they didn't use secondary shock though :/

6. Wookiee

Wookiee Lets Rock

I do use the LG to headshot scorpion drivers, but other than that shock is the most effective hitscan against vehicles.

7. Spiffy935

Spiffy935 New Member

LTG for my victories

It is just my preference. I know that the SR is an overall better weapon due to its higher ROF and its diverse uses, but I just like that feeling of being able to hit someone twice with a LTG for a kill knowing that if I would have missed once, I wouldn't have gotten a second chance. Please don't flack or flame me for this, but quite frankly with no offense or sounding like I am amazing, I just feel more "professional" with my LTG kills.

8. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

I am professional at a computer video game.

I can't pick one for this thread as long as we're talking about just the primary fire. Each primary has something good about it: lightning has splash and headshot, shock has high ROF and momentum transfer. Separate neither wins for me, but together shock and lightning are something special.

As far as the whole gun goes, I'd definitely pick shock. Shock combos are suite, and if you're looking purely at numbers, it's 45-200 (or something) damage for shock versus the lightning's 35-140.

9. indy900

indy900 [mXc]indy

SR because i can shoot twice before the lighning gun recharges then get the hell out of the way. they miss then i shoot twice....

10. ALG

ALG Gallardo

I hide behind the corner while my LG recharges. Then when its ready I step around, hit you, and step back.

11. Skold

Skold Sexy!

Right into a combo! ;)

12. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

/me points to OP

13. ALG

ALG Gallardo

:rolleyes: ;)

14. Argosax

Argosax Gunning for Glory

Shock wins because of the knock back and RoF.
    Most lg players tape the fire button down too, but they are angry because the schock rof beats them

15. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

lol that behavior with lg is suicide.

Lightning then shock shock shock, and back to lightning when a shock beam misses.

Rather rox juggle either which way.

16. Argosax

i´ve seen it done a lot

17. --Under

--Under Underestimated user

Batman with Lg.

18. Argosax

it´s a matter of public record that spiderman with a shock can beat all other superheroes but spock
    /nerdfight

19. HardcorexxX

HardcorexxX (.)(.)

Well TBH bullet was the only person who took anything into account other than "i think i do this most of the time"

But still bullet you left out one glaring thing, your first shot is instant, there is no timer

soooo with an LG it goes 70 dmg, 1.6sec, 70 dmg = dead @ 100hp
    (you dont even need a full hit, even splash from the lg will make the kill on the second shot, but it still takes the full charge time)

shock 45, .7, 45dmg, .7, 45dmg =dead @ 100 hp
    (with knock back you can expect to at least hit 2 in a row)

so with 100hp u have shock winning with 1.4s vs 1.6s to lg

That makes them pretty much dead on, remove the ability to combo and LG trumps shock primary in most situations due to HS/splash damage/range, not to mention the LG has armor penetration abilites the shock lacks, if you take armor scaling into account i doubt the shock would come out on top. It a really hard question really, basicaly your taking the most wel rounded versitale weapon in the game, the shock, removing its well roundedness, and pittig it against the most leathal weapon in the game, the lg.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  20. Bullet10k

Bullet10k New Member

You can forget about splash, it's so random, and it rarely occurs, if it wasn't so random that I would actually shoot the floor if I knew the opponents really low instead of risking a body shot and missing, THEN I would take it into account. I've even tried hitting the floor or wall sometimes, even though it's really close, it still doesn't hit, and sometimes when I shoot it like metres away, it still somehow hits.

Compare:

Shock:
    + Knockback messes up your opponents aim
    + Knockback helps you aim
    + Rapid ROF (resulting in much higher dmg/sec)

- Headshot incapable (resulting in low max damage)
    - Low (balanced) damage numbers, 5 less than 50 damage each shot makes a whole lot of difference when it comes to health and armor coming it 25s, 50s, and 100s.

(reverse is LG)

I think that's about as fair as you can get. I don't know anything about armor penetration so I didn't put it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006