sheering brushes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by jreister
In Ued 1 there used to be a sheer brush button. It was quite practical sometimes. How can I sheer a brush in Ued 2?

explain the word sheer... maybe i can help you

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
type this into the command box in UED:
Code:
Mode facedrag
It is quite useful for cubes and stuff but for complex brushes it is difficult to use. It also has different effects depending on where you drag in relation to the brush
eg. I think that if you drag in the middle of the brush, it scales the brush up and down.
If you drag sideways above the brush, it sill skew it to the side

I personally prefere vertex edit mode for skewing brushes anyway, it's a lot quicker and easier to use.

Rev Billy G

Aug 22, 1999
www.revbillyg.f9.co.uk
Quite often, I go into the brush properties-->mainscale and set the skewing direction and amount in there. Make sure you transform the brush permanently afterwards tho or you'll find it disappears in the ed if you zoom in too close.