Shader Properties causes crash

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

onyx_elite

Dec 18, 2005
Hi all,

I've just started learning the ins and outs of materials within Unreal but have got a problem. When creating a new material, I get to the Shader Properties window where you would usually manipulate your Diffuse, Opacity, Specular layers etc.

When I click on any of the 'Use' buttons within this window, the entire prgram just locks up completely meaning there's very little I can do to manipulate materials within UnrealEd.

I'm currently running UnrealEd V.3 Build [2005-11-23_16.22] on Win XP SP2

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Never attempt to assign a material to one of its own properties. Example:
Assigning Shader A (or FinalBlend B that uses Shader A) to Shader A's Diffuse property.

The Use button always assigns the currently selected material. Since you just created a new material it also becomes the currently selected material and when clicking the Use button you create a circular reference causing the editor to crash.

onyx_elite

Dec 18, 2005
Cool, thanks very much. I've been having a skim through 'Mastering Unreal Technology' by Parrish, Busby & Van Eenwyk and while there's a lot of good stuff in there there's a few things they neglect to mention.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
mani_199 said:
i made animations in 3d studio max so i also make a room means simple room in 3d max. so i export the animations through active x plugin (.psa and .psk)
so i wanna that how i merage animations in ut level
and how i control them would u please inform me.
thanxs

What about removing the same question you posted like 10 times on the other forum and start your own thread?
What a god damn spammer.

mani_199

Nov 18, 2005
i send that question each fourm becoze i was think that any body have solve my problem . but sorry to say no one wanna help me . very sorry

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
mani_199 said:
i send that question each fourm becoze i was think that any body have solve my problem . but sorry to say no one wanna help me . very sorry

You will soon get banned for posting 25 times that question in almost all the forums of BU. Enjoy your ban.
Next time you change ISP, Try using the "New thread" button :rolleyes: