Shader modifying

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
What I'm trying to do is figure out a way of changing the LinkGun texture into a transparent texture, I've tried adding a ConstantColor texture to it's Opacity setings and changing the alpha but that only results in the texture being completely white.

It's very important that I only use that texture (UT2004Weapons.Shaders.LinkGunShader) because I'm actually going to be modifying it from within code.

If someone can tell me how it can be done in the editor then I can easily transfer that to code :)

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
You can make a 'Shader' shader, add the link gun texture as the diffuse channel and add a targa texture with a full black alpha channel to the opacity channel of the shader..

You probably already knew that, but if you need to use the default shader, then I would guess you are going to have to extend the link gun stuff to handle this. You cant modify the shipped code, you have to extend everything.

Last edited:

Shambler[sixpack]

May 3, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Ok thanks for replying I'll get round to trying that :)

What I ended up doing was using the Link-Gun's fallback material instead with which the Opacity channel worked right with the ConstantColour.

One thing tho, can you dynamicly change the alpha of the texture by doing what you suggested?