UE3 - GoW setting for static meshes from maya actorX to GoW

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cedrico

Jan 28, 2008
Hello there, i'm just starting to have fun with the UE III, i have several questions down the road which are totally newbie questions:

Why is a berserker actor in generic browser lit only by gun riffles and appears totally black otherwise ? Does it have something to do with light properties ?

I will try importing animation one day but how do you just import static object from actorX, is there a tut somewhere here to do so ? edit i found this tutorial for simple and quick workflow: http://www.gameartisans.org/gamecon/tutorials/index.htm so ignore this question...

Can grunts, berserkers or other creatures move by themselves via the IA in the editor ? (simple example you create a room break the door and creatures inside react ?)

What is the equivalent of .hdr lighting scene within Unreal ? Does it support .hdr ? (For instance and do you have real reflections of an environment and players on metal or water ?)
THX a lot

Last edited: