Servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
Good Day Guys

T5K is running a server for this now, its a 10 slot server and is on a dual xeon 2.8ghz machine in a very well connected Texas DataCentre, this mod is very cpu intensive server side. We would love to have the cash to updgrade to a dual opteron machine, opterons are far better for the unreal engine than Xeons are. but unfortuantley cash is a issue at present time

It has been fairly poplular since we set it up 4 or 5 days ago, and hope to keep it running.

I havent seen many servers running it yet, hopefully this will change however considering the resources required even to run a 10 slot server, finding quality servers will be difficult. CPU usage on a Xeon 2.8ghz chip frequently hits above 85%

T5K hopes to continue to run this mod, as it is very fun, I am hoping to run the mod as long as people are still playing it, if anyone enjoys our server and is willing to donate a few spare dollars , we would appreciate it a lot. If you are interested in helping us out , hit our forums at www.t5kclan.com

And hey if your just interested in playing this game, hit our webpage and grab the server IP

thanks all

Last edited:

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Hey, cool, thanks for putting our mod up. We hope that when v3 is released there will be tons more players. As for the server CPU usage, Morph's server (100mbits, when he had it) on a 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 rarely hit above 15% CPU usage, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Have you got some ludricously high settings or something?

In any case, the next version should be more bandwidth considerate, as there are fewer skaarj projectiles to be replicated to clients. :p

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
I'm running the mod on a linux server (Athlon XP1900+) and the only time I have problems is on a wave that has solely brutes and behemoths, i..e tons of rocket projectile, and even then I'm not sure if the issue is at the client or the server but I'm guessing it's the client. CPU usage is relatively low otherwise (the monsters aren't that smart I guess).
My problem is internet bandwidth, not CPU power, I'm surprised your machine would get such a high usage too.
Are you sure it's the server that's using all that CPU power?

FYI my server ("FlakDaddy's FHInv w/ satore monsters") will be down for another day or two because I'm upgrading that machine to Mandrake 10.
I'm hoping for more FHI servers so I can take mine offline, I just don't have the bandwidth to run a server fulltime :(

{T5K}Iari

Jun 13, 2004
We are currently running the following mutators:

satoreMonsterPack

XxxX Translocator

UT2004 RPG

UT2003 Style

Spider Steroids

QuadJump

LowGrav

Heavy Vehicles

Air Control

Try it out some time at 67.18.85.74:7777

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
CPU usage defeinitely hits that high due to this server, It could be a combination of things, first of all unreal craves opteron processors, so that would help the other thing is some maps, have coding bugs or something cause they cause the log to be filled with spam.......so that certianly doesn't help

the other thing, Parser the server you mentioned was it full of players as oppossed to bots, and if so what slot count was it.

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
{T5K}Nihilist said:
CPU usage defeinitely hits that high due to this server, It could be a combination of things, first of all unreal craves opteron processors, so that would help the other thing is some maps, have coding bugs or something cause they cause the log to be filled with spam.......so that certianly doesn't help

the other thing, Parser the server you mentioned was it full of players as oppossed to bots, and if so what slot count was it.

That's an interesting question, bots mean more intelligence but less network traffic so could it be the network traffic that's chewing the CPU time?

The log spam should really get cleaned in v3, maybe I'll remove the satore monster pack from my server to run a "clean" FHI server and confirm that the maps still generate a bunch of log messages then post results.

That's a lot of mutators you guys are running, I wonder if they could be part of the problem. FYI I didn't care for the muts when I played your server, it's hard to get used to. Just a matter of personal preference, it's your server!

Last edited:

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
a server fill with human players uses for more cpu than bots, in any gametype

i know for instance a onslaught server uses about triple cpu with 18 players rather than 18 bots

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
not sure what you mean , we run a couple servers on this dual xeon, but the invasion server itself is dedicated to its own chip

kabal2020

Apr 16, 2004
{T5K}Iari said:
We are currently running the following mutators:

satoreMonsterPack
XxxX Translocator
UT2004 RPG
UT2003 Style
Spider Steroids
QuadJump
LowGrav
Heavy Vehicles
Air Control
ry it out some time at 67.18.85.74:7777

Whats the xxX Translocator do? seems to me to be the same as normal,m but black
And dont like low grav :lol:

Like playing on your server tho :D

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
XxxX Translocator is black yes but it also shoots about 10 times faster then the normal Translocator

What i mean by Game-Types is like DM/TDM/DOM/AS/ONS/FHINV/LMS/ etc...

And all the mutators on the server i don't think it will be fun :(

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
no this particular server is dediated to FHI, and many seem to like it the way it is. , if you dont play low grav it takes getting used to but its a blast

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
pfff

I used to live in low grav in original UT, Low Grav Rockets, Low Grav All Weapons AND Low Grav Instagib.

I just don't think EVERY map for FHINV is good low grav... Lik ei made SunGod lowgrav only even if the server is only reg grav it will still be low grav... I think it should be up to the map makers whether it should be low grav or not... Plus Low Grav on some FHINV maps is no challenge :( :mad:

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
im not gonna get in a debate on how we run the server, but if we pay for it , and some people seem to like it we should be able to run it with low grav, \

you don't like low grav , then don't play we're by no means forcing you to do so

Last edited:

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
I know i know totally agreed. You pay for the server you run it the way you want. ;)

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
I will agree that it does make some maps too easy ..and for some reason in invasion losing is more fun than winning

Moofis

May 20, 2004
Um i tried to join and it gave me the error of Incompatible file: Ut2004RPG.u
What does that mean and how do i fix it?

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
yeah the server probably has a different version of RPG than you... try uninstalling the RPG mod and then log on. If that doesn't work try deleting everything in your cache folder and then log on again :)