1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Serveractors=" in UT2Vote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by utw-Mephisto, Dec 26, 2004.

1. utw-Mephisto

utw-Mephisto Guilty

I was just wondering, a few mutator are running as serveractors only, such as DruidsPlayerAgreement etc.

Since running UT2Vote this actors are not working anymore.

How can I be sure that Serveactors are also working in conjunction with UT2Vote ?

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

ServerActors are loaded long before a Mutator so it is not possible for a Mutator to interfere or remove a ServerActor.
    If the Actor is not showing then it was not a propper Actor in the first place.
    Some Mutators try and double up as a ServerActor but this illegal.
    UT2Vote will remove these Mutators and they need to be added to the UT2Vote48.ini file under the ServerMuts=

3. utw-Mephisto

utw-Mephisto Guilty

I see, ok thanks :)

4. monolith

monolith New Member

Now what if i want the server actor to run just on one gametype.

Ive got a server with invasion running fhiv4 monsters and weapons but with the patch for fhive (which is a server actor) i dont get turrets in other gametypes so on these gametypes it is not needed and i would like to remove it from being used. but when back to fhi and invasion i need it back on or i get weapons all over the place.

could it go in as a server package?
    GameType=(GameName="monos invasion fhi",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-bloodloss_adv",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="monosinvasionfhi.Invasion",Mutators="satoreMonsterPackv120.mutSMPMonsterConfig,satoreMonsterPackv120.mutsatoreMonsterPack,UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG,PresentsUT2004V21.Presents,FlakRifle.MutFlakRifle,DruidsRPG153.ScoreFix,DeployableFun.DeployableFun,Ripper.RipperMut,FHIFixes.FHIFixes",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=True?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=4?bCustomGame=True")

and

Packages=(MutClassName="FHIFixes.FHIFixes",ServerPackages="FHIFixes")
    -------------------------------------------- or Serveractor=
    i guess i could try it myself but thought i would check on it frist to see.

thanks

MONOLITH

5. sh0V3l

sh0V3l New Member

it should work as you have it and run as a mut . you cannot change serverpackages to serveractors in your ut2vote.ini if it doesnt work ask the fhi team to code the serveractor as a mut not much else you can do

6. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

If it doesn't work without UT2Vote then the chances are it wont work with UT2Vote either.
    No-one should be forced to run a mod on every game without your choice as it is after all your server.
    UT2004 forced many authors to convert their Mutators to ServerActors to get around the StandardServer Whitelisting.

7. monolith

monolith New Member

thanks i will try what i have and let u know if it works thanks again;)

8. utw-Mephisto

utw-Mephisto Guilty

Ui, someone reborn my old thread : )

Serveractors are actually not meant to run as serveractor .... At least I have MANY Serveractors which are not running as Mutator ...

9. monolith

monolith New Member

It works the way i had stated previously so now i can have my turrets and no guns too. thanks for all the help.

MONOLITH;)