Server refuses certain custom models/skins

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Magic_Taco

Nov 28, 2003
I hope someone can help me with this... I posted it over at UnrealAdmin.org, but so far no luck! :(

Was wondering if any of you have had problems joining an online server because of your player skin choice, i.e. the server won't allow you into the game because of the model/skin you've chosen?

I've got a dedicated server at Recongamer, and so far very few problems with it. However, if I choose the Annoying Kid skin (or The Thing) for my own skin, when I go to join the game I get a blank screen and that's it (I've waited up to two minutes with no encouraging signs before giving up). I change the skin to one that came with the game (or a different custom model), and can get in just fine.

To make things more confusing, I can join other servers with the offending skin; the same behavior is replicable on my other machines, so I'm sure it's a server issue. To top it all off, I was playing on the server for three games with The Thing skin, then all of a sudden it wasn't accepted any longer.

FWIW, all machines have the same skin/custom models, so we can see each other's skin choices just fine (the files don't seem to have to be on the server, although I did try putting the models in the server but got the same results).

Any input/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Magic_Taco