Server cpu usage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Has any testing been done yet in regards to resource usage on servers? do you have a test server?
My guess is it will be somewhere around the same as ONS but I could be way off, U2XMP uses a lot of cpu for some reason, way more than it should.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Also will we need the full game to run a server or just the server proggy?

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i thinkthe server proggy is it, but just for an idea, i have generated an list of things that might need to be done.

1... install utxmp
2... run md5 on the server
3... restart server
4... set mod to utxmp
5... set map list

and note, using an mod like red orcustra as an example on how to boot an server will also help...
Code:
ucc server RO-Moscowhighway.ut2?deathmessagemode=3?FriendlyFireScale=0?FFPunishment=0?RoundLimit=2?TimeLimit=0?FFKillLimit=0?FFDamageLimit=0?VoteKickPct=0.7?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame?MinPlayers=0 -Mod=RedOrchestra -log=ROLog.log

seems the same to me, except for you haft to run it from an command line, and here is how i check it on the webadmin.

and here is the orignal server batch file...
Code:
@echo off
:10
ucc server %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10

the only problem i can see is that when you install the server you haft to mesh it in with the normal install :(