1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Seriously!'s GoW Impressions

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Zenny, May 16, 2006.

1. Zenny

Zenny I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.

Seriously! made the trip to E3 this year and has posted their impressions of Gears of War:
    Read the rest

2. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

I'm actually looking forward to this too. This is the first year E3 got me pumped for any game other than the UT series. I love XBox games where we can all play together in split screen instead of one person dominating the controller. I've given up the xbox for that reason. It will be cool to play again, I plan on getting GOW the day it comes out.

3. Hentai_Men

Hentai_Men New Member

with this post i have a good question, maybe a good poll to put in the BU site, Unreal engine 3 (UT2k7 and GoW) > Crysis? Crysis seems being the "best game" at E3, at last some reviews say that, not im my opinion, whats yours?

4. NeoNight

NeoNight Lurker

Crysis looks great then again so does ut2k7 and GOW both take place in different enviorments with different types of characters so its hard to say really.

5. Bang_Doll

Bang_Doll Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96

Considering I've never even heard of "Crysis" until this thread, I would vote the latter.

6. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Boots of Spanish Rubber

Crysis=the next installment of the Far Cry series afaik.

7. ]-UnderTOW-[

]-UnderTOW-[ -_-

Crysis is not a sequal to Far Cry. It's just another game made by Crytek, demonstrating their lack of orginiality when it comes to names. Crysis is also published by EA. Ubisoft own (or have some contract with Crytek) the Far Cry IP.
    Crysis looks visually phenominal, but the gameplay looks pretty typical.

8. Zenny

Zenny I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.

Crytek seems to be a very good up-and-coming game development studio. I think Far Cry was very well received as a top-shelf title which is rare for what was an unknown studio. I expect good things to come from Crysis, but at the same time I think Gears is shaping up to be "the" Xbox360 game so I don't think Crysis will be able to measure up to it.

Also, it's very important to note that the way a game looks really has no bearing on how successful it is. While pretty graphics are nice, each studio is pretty much implementing the same technology in pretty much the same way. The important/what sets the good games from the bad is how the studio makes use of the new technology.

9. 3rd-Axis

3rd-Axis New Member

10. ]-UnderTOW-[

]-UnderTOW-[ -_-

That could be due to the fact that Crysis is a PC game (Vista/DX10) :p

11. Hentai_Men

Hentai_Men New Member

Thats one fact why people say its better, because it uses DX10 :\
    I think its just a graphical game, no one will play that more than a month :X

12. lol911

lol911 New Member

I think GoW is also a very graphical game :p

And not many people play a single game more than a month anyway. Except for those MMO-whores.

13. Rain 9.0

Rain 9.0 Covert Ops

Uhm... MMO stands for massively multiplayer online, meaning that it's always played online and never single-player. :con:

I prefer a great single player campaign over any multiplayer to be honest, and I think GoW is going to deliver just that.
    It's a shame that it's only going to be released on the 360. There are tons of people that want this game on the PC aswell.

I think it's going to turn out just like Halo (2): release it on the PC around two years after its initial console release. :(

14. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Then again Bungie didn't even had such cross-platform engine at the time.

15. Hentai_Men

Hentai_Men New Member

I think will be released one or two month after, because unreal engine was original made for PC, it will be easy to put it on the PC again, like UT2k7

16. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

I seriously! (pun intended) don't see what the fuss is all about with GoW, its a good showcase of the engine, graphics are stunning, but gameplay wise its just brothers in arms but then in unreal, i hardly had an 'omg' moment whilst looking through all the videos from e3 gameplay wise, and because of the poor mpeg compression there was no drooling over the graphics.
    Same with ut2007 really, good graphics, but gameplay wise nothing new under the sun really.

17. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Really? I thought it looked like a lot of fun.