Selling computer, need advice

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Hey yall, hope this won't be construed as a veiled attempt of spam but I am selling a couple comps and honestly would like to know what yall feel would be a fair selling price

One is a desktop in a Coolermaster Stacker case, Asus A8n SLI Deluxe mobo, AMD athlon FX-60 CPU, 2 gigs memory, 2 x ASUS 7900GTX's in SLI, 2x WD Raptor 74 gigs in raid 0, PSU is Antec 700W I think?, and Plextor DVD-DL Burner.

Other is a Toshiba laptop Satellite A205 S4797, with the following specs ...

Bright 15.4-inch LCD stylishly accented with an onyx blue metallic LCD cover
1.73 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 processor, 160 GB hard drive, 2 GB RAM (max), dual-layer DVD/CD burner with Labelflash printing
Tri-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g); 10/100 Ethernet; Intel GMA 950 video card
Connectivity: 4 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, 1 headphone, 1 microphone, 1 ExpressCard 34/54
Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
Hardware Platform: PC
Processor: 1.73 GHz Intel Core Duo
Number of Processors: 2
RAM: 2000 MB
RAM Type: DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Drive
Size: 160 GB
Type: Serial ATA

Cases and Expandability
Size (LWH): 14 inches, 11 inches, 1 inches

What would be a fair asking price for these two comps??? Thx!!

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
800-1000 for the notebook
Maybe the same for the desktop.

I'd suggest checking ebay for similar packages, then tacking on a few bucks becuase your stuff is probably in better shape.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Depends on where you plan on selling. I've sold a lot of stuff on hardware forums but full systems are rarely ever bought; t'd bet that you would find quite a few people interested in specific parts if you were to "part it out" though. If you're looking at eBay I think Zen's estimate sounds about right.

I know that I'd have some interest in the FX-60 :)

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Yeah I did think about breaking it down and selling the parts too. I actually pulled a couple WD 500gb drives out of it that I will sell seperately.

I want to sell it locally to avoid all the shipping hassles. Will probably put them on craigslist.