UE1 - UT Scripting a 2nd version of UDamage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Ok, I want to create a less powerful version of the UDamage, something perhaps that uses 1.5 times damage scaling or 2 times damage scaling instead of 3.

The thing is, I want the ability to have two different styles of damage amps in the same level. (I can change the gold skin texture of the amp so one can tell the difference in power level)

Could I just create and export a UDamage script using a different name, such as Udamage2, and Udamage2 will have 2 times damage scaling and then Udamage3 would have 1.5 times damage scaling and so on. It also looks like it would be easy to mod the code to change the purple glow to blue. I have not tried this because it seems people have had a hard time with this code in particular.

I've heard this was hard, but I fiddled around with the mortar spawner code and created flak shell spawners and shock ball spawners and spawners for all the other weapons that aren't hitscan. This was inspired by the Redeemer Spawner in DM-bloodyblocks. The mortar spawner was used in DM-overlord. --- By the way, does the earthquake effect in DM-Overlord work online? Setting that way high can damage a player from being thrown around. It would be perfect for a trap.