UE1 - UT ScriptedTextures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neo_b

Jul 2, 2008
Hello. I created a scripted texture (1024x1024) and realized that it did not work with Direct3D. It forced me to create 16 textures with dimensions 256x256. Although when I put them next to each other, they seem to have gaps between them (they should not have, I copied the brush to the notepad to see what were the TextureU and TextureV values and they seemed on). My own nScreen script that is responsible for handling the scripted textures can handle up to 16 of them, but I am not quite certain, is it going to slow player's PCs much? Drawing on 16 textures instead of one? I also wonder, if it's possible to draw on the textures without the Render() event? Perhaps there's another way to use such large scriptedtextures on Direct3d renderers?

Thank you in advance.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Got a screenshot of those gaps? The only thing I could imagine is mipmapping and wrap-around, which could probably be disabled by setting bNoSmooth=True for these ScriptedTextures.

Neo_b

Jul 2, 2008
Image: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2474/dhdc.jpg

Screenshot was made after setting bNoSmooth=True and rebuilding. I previously noticed a very thin red line appearing and disappearing as I moved, on the right side from the red button (it's not there anymore, probably after setting bNoSmooth to True). It seems as if the textures were scaled differently than the value I input. There are 16 blocks 16x16 with textures 256x256 with 0.0625 scale. They are all slightly rotated, but all textures lay on the same plane. I can say that it's not the rotation's fault, because I have another set of scriptedtextures which are set vertically.

Edit: Mipmapping? From what I know, scripted textures cannot posess mipmaps...

Also the gaps are exactly in the places where the textures "touch" each other.

Edit2: It seems like the first few (or one) sides of the scriptedtexture is repeated in the end of the scriptedtexture, even though the UPan and VPan do not indicate anything like it.

Edit3: Seems like there was no way to fix this problem other than just increasing the texture scaling just a bit (about 0.00025), and make sure the texture's (0, 0) point is in the same place it was before. Gaps are significantly less visible (acceptable by me), although they are. Thanks for your response though. ;-)

Last edited: