Screwball U2SE install problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonFodder

Meat Shieldage.
Mar 22, 2004
Strange how this works. Just after I picked up a copy of the U2 cXp, I came across a strange texture problem. Now, where most textures are concerned, they are replaced by what looks like a stone texture.

... You know what? Lemme just post the screens I took.

Anyone know how to fix this? This is happeneing to me after I uninstall and reinstall, with no patches. And by uninstall and reinstall, I mean complete uninstall and reinstall of CBP, CXP, and U2SE before reinstalling. I've tried it a few other times, with the patches, with no result. The same problem keeps popping up.

Here's the screens.

Attachments

• Shot00000.jpg
    Shot00000.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33
  • Shot00003.jpg
    Shot00003.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Shot00004.jpg
    Shot00004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Those are the default textures. Probably either missing a texture pack or one of the mappers was dumb and didn't compile that particular texture into the map.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
It's in the same place on his screen in two different location..
And I highly doubt someone would place a blocking volume in the middle of a hallway. "Got arti.. running.." *thud* "What the? I can't run?" *snipe* *shotgun* "Curse you map!"

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
That's an odd one.. Like fireball said: the box is in the same place. Also, off the top of my head(might not be entirely correct without checking UED real quick): the missing textures for the hack switch and the deploy point are in seperate texture packages, not to mention, other items that use textures from those packages are rendering properly(I think.) Also, notice on the second screeny, the square is unlit, while the stair trim is also not textured but is a different color(hence it is lit, the lights in that part of garden are yellowish) It's definitely not a dumb mapper problem. Have you installed the latest Catalyst video drivers(4.8) or WinXP SP2 by chance?

Last edited:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Captain Kewl said:
Looks like a vid card/driver problem.

Or a problem with WinXp Sp2. Unreal2 is on the list of problem applications with SP2...

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Meat Shieldage.
Mar 22, 2004
Oy veigh. Lemme answer you guys all in one post.

Sir_Brizz: ...on XMP-Garden? You know, the one that EVERYONE was playing when they first released the demo?
Xaero: Same answer as above, and, "AlienPod?" What the heck is that?
Kaio: Har har. Good one.
Fireball: I should note that each screenshot was taken at different times, first, when the problem cropped up, the second, after a complete un/reinstall, and the third, with no updates/patches applied. And after deleting the installation folder each time, I might add.
PRG: Huzzah! An answer! Let's run through that. No, I haven't updated to XP SP2, yet. Thank god for that. @_@ On the other hand, I am running the latest Detanator drivers, (NVidia card, not ATi.) although I will admit to tweaking the VPU/RAM clock speed on my video card a little bit, bumping them, maybe 10, 15 mhz apiece. You think that might be the problem?

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
CannonFodder said:
Oy veigh. Lemme answer you guys all in one post.

Sir_Brizz: ...on XMP-Garden? You know, the one that EVERYONE was playing when they first released the demo?
Xaero: Same answer as above, and, "AlienPod?" What the heck is that?
Kaio: Har har. Good one.
Fireball: I should note that each screenshot was taken at different times, first, when the problem cropped up, the second, after a complete un/reinstall, and the third, with no updates/patches applied. And after deleting the installation folder each time, I might add.
PRG: Huzzah! An answer! Let's run through that. No, I haven't updated to XP SP2, yet. Thank god for that. @_@ On the other hand, I am running the latest Detanator drivers, (NVidia card, not ATi.) although I will admit to tweaking the VPU/RAM clock speed on my video card a little bit, bumping them, maybe 10, 15 mhz apiece. You think that might be the problem?

Possibly.. also, did you get the 6496-6497 patch that SE requires to be patched to v7710? Did you patch it from SE 2 times? You need to.

CannonFodder

Meat Shieldage.
Mar 22, 2004
Yes, I am aware that you have to patch from 6496-6497, and then to do the 7710 patch. Here's what I'm going to do now. I'm firing up regedit, and going through the registry, deleting any and all mention of U2, XMP, and Unreal before reinstall. Hope this works. Also, I've reset my clock speeds to the default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.