screenshot problem!!!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Rans0m4eveR]

The Tempest
Dec 30, 2001
At my location
Visit site
my UED doesnt seem 2 like any screenshots i put in there- i take a pic from ut while in spectator mode, i resize it down to 256x256, save it as a .bmp and put it in the textures directory, load ued, import it in textures, name it screenshot in the name field, in group i put none, and in package i put MyLevel, uncheck generate mipmaps, i see it in the browser, save it as MyLevel.utx, go into LevelInfo, click use, it comes up with something like
"Screenshot.MyLevel.MyLevel" or something, i save and exit but it doesnt come up in ut!!!!!!! whats going on!!!!!

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
several things wrong

-256*256 resoultio, you have that, it has to be 256 colours too, no 24 bit ****, or 16 bit, no, 256 colours, 8 bit with other words
-pcx is better imo, but bmp should go, but, if you import as bitmap, you shouldnt uncheck generatie mipmaps i thought
-name has to be screenshot, you got that, no group, package MyLevel, BUT, YOU DONT SAVE THE MYLEVEL, do not save it as an seperate utx file, do that, and youyr map wont even get on NC, cause you just may not make seperate mylevel utxs
just import, and then go to level prop, and type screenshot there, he will find the file, youll see the path, and then save de map, done, the pic will be saved inside the map itself, thats why we have mylevel, otherwise it would have no use

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
I use corel photopaint to alter the pic. If you use Corel photopaint, convert the 24 bit pic to 256 optimized colours. Resize it to 512x512 (yes 512x512 makes the pic sharper in UT)and save it as ScreenShot.bmp. If you import it in UnrealED, dont change the settings, just import it to MyLevel.

This way you get a Epic Quality screenshot...

If you want i can make a screenshot for you. just put the original screenshot out of UT here in BMP format.