Scorpion Auto-aim

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

»Silenoz«

Jan 21, 2008
You dont :). Its simply magnatism i guess. the balls seem to be atracted by the hoverboard,manta,viper,raptor and the fury.:) If you shoot close enuff and there inrange they'll kinda stick.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I thought it was alittle like a lawn bowl ball how its weighted, that ways it always flys at a curve :p

Sanch3z1

Apr 14, 2008
WI
this is another thing that I am working with someone to remove via mod since anything with auto aim removes skill from the game.

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
since anything with auto aim removes skill from the game.

Not always. The hellbender skymines have significant autoaim for when you combo them, other wise it would be pretty much impossible to use. As for the scorpion, its one of the best ways to get rid of mantas/vipers if you dont have an avril. I do think the autoaim on hoverboards is a bit much though.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Plus the scorpion would be pretty useless without the autoaim. There's no way you could ever hit anything that was moving.

Banoffee

Armoured
Jan 20, 2008
UK
It's the best counter to Mantas and Vipers in the game. The only other weapon even slightly effective against them is the Avril, and even then it's not guaranteed especially on maps with walls to fly behind. Homing in on flying vehicles is just its way to only counter those vehicles and nothing else.

Scorpion's my favourite vehicle actually, it's fun to watch people fly about thinking they're invulnerable, then two clicks in their general direction and they're gone. :p

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
If they didn't magnetize, they would have to remote detonate or something with significant splash. They need to be balanced, otherwise, scorpions just won't have anything for said vehicles.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I appreciate that the game is moddable, but why does everyone feel the need to try and 'fix' things by removing stuff instead of just learning how to play it as it is?

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I'm on the fence there. I'd say I agree with you now hal, but I was all about fixing shock late in 2k4's life. Lower pings had a very boosting effect on shock though, and with newnet, it was ridiculous.

For the most part, I think Epic balances the weapons great. Gameplay though, is almost impossible to test fully internally. Unfortunately, you can't really control what people can and will mod, and you certainly can't expect them to fully understand design, and balance.

Vigil

Jan 20, 2008
So how do you get it to lock on? I've tried hovering it over the target like you do with the Avril, but nothing happens.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
One of the intended roles of the scorpion is anti-manta. It did this in 2k4 as well with having the bolas get sucked into the manta fans. Saying it "takes no skill" for a scorpion driver to kill a manta because the grenades home onto it is like saying it takes no skill for an avril user to kill a raptor in the open.

It's not skill for the avril user, but it's lack of planning for the raptor pilot to end up in that situation. It's lack of planning for a manta pilot to find himself in a situation where he can be shot down by a scorpion.

It's lack of planning when you die to rockets more than 30 feet away. It's lack of planning when you get gooed the second you round a corner. It's lack of planning when the other guy gets to the shield and UDamage before you. Stop blaming it on luck, spam, cheap tactics, and flawed game design.

Banoffee

Armoured
Jan 20, 2008
UK
So the flak secondary is also useless?

Try hitting a Manta with a Flak secondary without sitting right under it. It's completely different to hitting a player on foot, and it's mostly why the Manta/Viper is so effing strong.

Against anything other than those vehicles it's useful..

I hate them. :p

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
You can kill people using blobs like flak secondary, but there is many more efficient vehicles for killing infantry. Also blades in some cases are more efficient too, because it's too hard to hit anything when Scorpion is moving, but when standing still it's too easy target.

Bolas were better. Blobs IMHO are overpowered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.