1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scoring System

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Bonded, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Bonded

Bonded New Member

Hi all,

First of all congrats on a great Mod, JB is a truly excellent gameplay Mod (I really think it should come default with UT2006) however I'm a lil puzzled about the scoring.
    Is there some sort of bug? Because the pace of the game is quite frantic it's sometimes hard to keep a close look at it but I've noticed that sometimes my score goes up really really quickly and other times no matter how many people I rescue and frags I get my overall score only increases by a few points at a time.
    Also I have noticed a couple of times when starting a game in a server getting some points without having even moved and shot anyone...
    I read in the FAQ that you get one point for every person you kill and 1 point for every person you rescue is that correct?
    Am I imagining all of this or do I not have the complete picture of the socring system/there s a known issue?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

2. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

You get one extra point per frag in defense of one of your own switches (i.e. if the fragged player was close to a switch of yours when you killed him), one extra frag per team capture and one frag per released player; plus, of course, normal frags for people you kill in attack.

That, at least, is indeed a but that'll be fixed with the patch -- basically you get the previous score of another player who disconnected before you connected to the server.

3. Bonded

Bonded New Member

When you say one extra point (when in defense) do you mean that a defensive frag = 2 points? (sorry if Im being retarded)
    And I dont understand what you mean by team capture.... is that basically when you frag the last opponent? (so that killing the last opponent would equal 2 points instead of 1?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2004
  4. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Yes.

No. I mean: Your team captures the enemy team. All players on your team get that point.

5. Bonded

Bonded New Member

Cool, thanks for the help Mychaeel