Scaling Down the Body

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How Much Do You Weigh

• Total voters

Ictus

Just Eggs
May 30, 2001
Raliegh, NC
www.worstkind.com
BangOut said:
You may need a different pair of shoes... Strecthing and flexibility is a big factor, secondarily might be leg and hip strecth, and thirdly, the proper shoes during exercise. You may want to see a doctor so he can reccomend some joint strengthening exercises and maybe even different shoes. Knee popping at our age isn't a good calling sign for 30 or 40 years down the line.

I just saw the squats part of your post... you need to make sure you're getting all the muscle groups in the leg evenly, otherwise, the squat is like the situp or crunch for the leg... everyone does it merely for base strength and perhaps the look of a strong muscle, but there is a lot more you can do for you leg... blah blah blah

i haven't done squats ever since then. lately i've only really done a few leg excersizes:

1) leg curls. the standing thing where you pull a weight by bending your heel to your butt.

2) leg extensions.

3) excersize bike at the gym. i usually do around 10 minutes on the medium setting.

and its funny that you should mention situps as well. I only do crunches nowadays since if I get too into situps i feel a slight pop in my lower back at the point during each situp when you change direction (stop going down, start going up) . no pain or anything but i've heard in general that situps are bad for your back.

i did weight training in high school and I dont think they emphasized form enough, so now I am trying to be extra careful not to do too much weight and to make sure each motion feels smooth. hopefully my bones will recover someday hehe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
iggy1.jpg

^Iggy Pop, that's what'd rock next summer.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Zap said:
oosyxxx, what's your exercise routine?

I split bodyparts into days and do one day on, one off with the off days spent stretching (as I do before every workout, actually) and doing 8-Minute Abs and 8-Minute Buns. A typical week would be Monday: arms and chest. Since I only have four dumbbells--two 20s and two 5s--I can't do much more than variations of curls, extensions and pushups or other exercises that utilize my own bodyweight and/or various home appliances/knick knacks (these exercises are uncomfortable and should be indicative of either ingenuity or comical desperation). Wednesday: shoulders and back. I do widegrip pullups in a sort-of doorway but I can barely get my fingers on so I've developed stronger hands than lats at this point. Numerous variations of lateral raises and shoulder presses finish out the workout.

The only things keeping this workout from sucking the black out of a black hole are consistency and effort. A gym would do me so well because a pair of dumbbells and workout ingenuity just aren't enough to do a whole body good. :(

Last edited:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I pigged out yesterday at my mom's because I was bored so I worked out twice today, the second of which included a run around town in clear, cool 34°F weather. :tup: As I told Bangout in IRC, I felt much more at ease running around my neighborhood than I do walking, probably because panhandlers think they'd stand less chance of scoring "bus fare" when their target is moving at a brisk pace. :) So yeah, jogging more often for me. It's usually great to get out of my hellhole apartment.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
BangOut said:
You may need a different pair of shoes... Strecthing and flexibility is a big factor, secondarily might be leg and hip strecth, and thirdly, the proper shoes during exercise. You may want to see a doctor so he can reccomend some joint strengthening exercises and maybe even different shoes. Knee popping at our age isn't a good calling sign for 30 or 40 years down the line.

I just saw the squats part of your post... you need to make sure you're getting all the muscle groups in the leg evenly, otherwise, the squat is like the situp or crunch for the leg... everyone does it merely for base strength and perhaps the look of a strong muscle, but there is a lot more you can do for you leg... blah blah blah

Muscular imbalances just can't stand freedom! Though I must admit I need to start doing stuff with my calves and lower back, not for aesthetic reasons but so my larger muscle groups don't overpower the smaller ones and put too much stress on my joints so I can remain an upright walking creature.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I read that Brutus the Barber Beefcake works (probably worked now) at a subway in, I think, D.C. and he had some coke laying out and someone saw it and thought it was anthrax and everyone panicked.