Satore and V3 Monters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
www.bazutmaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Hi,

OK dont know if this is possible or not, but i think it is.

I want to use satore's monsters with some monsters from V3. I can get the satore pack to work in V3 easy enough, i just copied the files into the FHI2k4 folder (think only the UCL file was needed, but i did them all just to make sure)

Now i want to use sators monsters with the skeletons and ghosts from V3, maybe some other ones too? so they all mixed together in the waves.

("think" this sort of works now, as when i was playing with satore's pack i ended up killing a skeleton and i think a sandman? was surprised to see them in there. This happned on one of the later waves. I have messed about with both configs in the sator's monsters mutator and the V3 "edit" monster function...but satore's pack seems to always take over.

I think to do this I need to edit a file that sets each wave up and add the satore's monsters in....or idealy the other way around add V3 monsters to the satore monster mutator. This way V3 wont be touched when i take the mutator off.

I dont mind speding time editing the wave lists to get it right.....because i dont think this will be able to be set up in game.

So if anyone has any ideas or can help....please do. Im sure there will be many other people wanting to add both packs together :)

Think if this can be done it would be great, just montsers in Satore pack are too slow at times, but i find V3 monsters just too fast, by mixing them, it should get a great flow.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i'd like to use this too, in fact i already do, but not with a special config... If someone already has a special ini for using satore mp with v3 in a nice manner, please tell us ;)

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
you say u already do? if you have somehow been able to mix waves of both together, how did u do it?

I cant even seem to find a config file with all the monsters used in each wave? If i could find that, i may be able to mix the monsters together in waves.....i have a rough idea how to do this.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
no, sorry, i didn't do that... i just added the satore-mutator and that's it. It workes somehow in v2 and i just testet, if the server is still alive. I did not change any inis yet...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
ok i see, satore and v3 don't work. I get invisible v3-monsters... totally invisable, no ghosts...

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
hmmm, doh

Still think there is a way though, as i said for some reason i did get a skeleton and a sandman mixed with the satore pack, so it must be able to work....though i have no idea whay that happened?

Will i will keep trying and messing about, or wait till somebody knows how to do it :)

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
v1.07 has a wave configurator, but I'm not sure if the FHI monsters are included :hmm:

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
whats the DL link for Satore monster pack, i only just for it off net a week ago, but thats version 1.04....got it from Invasion every were mutator, it had a link for 1.04, but they not updates it to v.07 yet.....guess i can find it at UT files or something.

Well thanks for info...il keep on trying :)

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Only way I can think of to have FHI monsters as well as the SatoreMonsters is to be able to replace the default monsters in the monster table in the SatoreMonsterpack ini file with the FHI Monsters. But, I don't know what the class names are called in the FHI mod. Below is from the SatoreMonsterPack.

[satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.mutsatoreMonsterPack]
MonsterClass[0]=Class'SkaarjPack.SkaarjPupae'
MonsterClass[1]=Class'SkaarjPack.Razorfly'
MonsterClass[2]=Class'SkaarjPack.Manta'
MonsterClass[3]=Class'SkaarjPack.Krall'
MonsterClass[4]=Class'SkaarjPack.EliteKrall'
MonsterClass[5]=Class'SkaarjPack.Gasbag'
MonsterClass[6]=Class'SkaarjPack.Brute'
MonsterClass[7]=Class'SkaarjPack.Skaarj'
MonsterClass[8]=Class'SkaarjPack.Behemoth'
MonsterClass[9]=Class'SkaarjPack.IceSkaarj'
MonsterClass[10]=Class'SkaarjPack.FireSkaarj'
MonsterClass[11]=Class'SkaarjPack.WarLord'
MonsterClass[12]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPMercenary'
MonsterClass[13]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPTitan'
MonsterClass[14]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPQueen'
MonsterClass[15]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPSlith'

We would need to be able to replace whatever skaarjpack.**** with the FHI ones. I don't know their names. Can anyone list them here?

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
hmmm, just thought, i better not use version 1.07, as i use invasion everywere mutator and i think its been configured to work with satore 1.04, so i dun wana risk messing the mutator up, besides it runs fine for me. Its not going to make adding V3 monsters any easier.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Yes, I edited the smp monster table and replaced the Skaarjpack.invasion class with the FHI ones. Here's my current experimental table now.

[satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.mutsatoreMonsterPack]
MonsterClass[0]=Class'FHI.Monster_Spider'
MonsterClass[1]=Class'FHI.Monster_Skeleton'
MonsterClass[2]=Class'FHI.Monster_Trogg'
MonsterClass[3]=Class'FHI.Monster_Sandman'
MonsterClass[4]=Class'SkaarjPack.EliteKrall'
MonsterClass[5]=Class'FHI.Monster_SolidShot'
MonsterClass[6]=Class'SkaarjPack.Brute'
MonsterClass[7]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPGiantGasBag'
MonsterClass[8]=Class'SkaarjPack.Behemoth'
MonsterClass[9]=Class'FHI.Monster_Ghost'
MonsterClass[10]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPGiantRazorfly'
MonsterClass[11]=Class'SkaarjPack.WarLord'
MonsterClass[12]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPMercenary'
MonsterClass[13]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPTitan'
MonsterClass[14]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPQueen'
MonsterClass[15]=Class'satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.SMPSlith'

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
For the server, I decided to use the webadmin to configure waves. I did the following to the satoremonsterpack (smp) ini file.

[satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPMonsterTable]
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="None",MonsterClassName=)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Pupae",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.SkaarjPupae")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Elite Krall",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.EliteKrall")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Brute",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.Brute")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="WarLord",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.WarLord")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Queen",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPQueen")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Titan",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPTitan")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Stone Titan",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPStoneTitan")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Mercenary",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPMercenary")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Elite Mercenary",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPMercenaryElite")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Slith",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPSlith")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Skaarj Trooper",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPSkaarjTrooper")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Skaarj Sniper",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPSkaarjSniper")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Giant Gasbag",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPGiantGasbag")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="MetalSkaarj",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPMetalSkaarj")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="NaliFighter",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPNaliFighter")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Nali",MonsterClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPNali")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="FatCow",MonsterClassName="FHI.FatCow")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Ghost",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Ghost")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Skeleton",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Skeleton")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Spider",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Spider")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Trogg",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Trogg")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Ictus",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Ictus")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Guardian",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Guardian")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SolidShot",MonsterClassName="FHI.SolidShot")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Ice Skaarj",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.IceSkaarj")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Fire Skaarj",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.FireSkaarj")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Skaarj",MonsterClassName="SkaarjPack.Skaarj")

I have the smp files in the ut2004/system directory, and duplicated in the ut2004/fhi2k4/system directory. This seems to work for me.

Then in webadmin, i'm able to configure the monster types in each wave.

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
You can also get the BOSS monsters as well...

MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Butcher(FHI)",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Butcher")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Fire Warrior",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_FireWarrior")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Hell Raiser",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_HellRaiser")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Nepolia",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Nepolia")
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Rhagjar",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Rhagjar")

Although, I have not been able to actually get the FireWarrior to work. I am wondering if it works at all even in FHI? Also, to use the boss monsters as a regular monster you have to adjust their size and health (using satore's mutator).

Also, I have tried these monsters with UT2004RPG and the monsters that are supposed to shoot don't. Any idea what can be done? Has anyone successfully used RPG with FHI?

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
cool, thanks for all the info, will certianly try some wave editing again when i get the chance. Also yea i have found that with RPG, though i have been using the satore monster pack, and they certianly fire in that, but i have noticed some FHI monsters with RPG dont even cary their weapons, so they just run about getting confused.

Im only mainly interested in using skeletons and ghosts with satores pack, as they are faster monsters, but as they dont fire, think using that with RPG should be ok....hopefully.

oh also im using RPG 1.1 i think, just in case u needed to know

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
DOH!!

Sorry for sounding dumb, i just dont get this, i have a good idea of what i have to do, but cant do it. I cant find the right files with the data in so i can replace it with this stuff. Im using Satore version 104, I have replaced the satoreMonsterPackv104.SMPMonsterTable] with what u had, it now shows up in the menue, even the nali cow and nali...wow, didnt even know u could get those. But in game, it seems to just spawn monsters from FHI.....too many too arrrr

I guess I need to replace the monster classes too, like u had in ur [satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.mutsatoreMonsterPack]
but i cant find anything like this to replace it with...also V1b? keep seeing this, but nothing like that in any of my files....ur using 107.....dun get it.

Im getting close, but i need some help...please :)

Also do u have to replace some satore monsters with FHI ones or can u add them so u can use them all?

To use the monsters together....how u set up waves, it is easier then i thought by just choosing them in the SMP configuration under mutator seetings? (once files are set up)

Sorry for asking all this, just need some things cleared up for me, and myabe some quick basic instuctions of what i actually have to change.....thankyou :)

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
First, yes I use v107, and that is where the new Nali monsters are (although to be honest only the nali fighter does anything that I can tell, the nali just sits there?).

You can keep your satoremonsterpack.ini, but you need to back it up because the install will over write it. Best I can tell the only thing you need to do is rename everything that has "v104" to "v107". Although I have been making the transition as he has released new versions so you may want to just start over.

I use the SatoreMonsterPack mutator to configure the waves. To test monsters I select only those monsters, but to do a good wave the Random function works very well. But you can select any monster you want, mix and match or only use certain monsters its all up to you.

here are blurbs from my ini... (sizescale and healthscale are the way to use the boss monsters in a normal wave, i set them to 0.25 and 0.02 respectively)

[satoreMonsterPackv107.mutsatoreMonsterPack]
MonsterConfigs=(MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Skeleton",SizeScale=1.000000,HealthScale=1.000000,SpeedScale=1.000000,AccelScale=1.000000,SkillModifier=0.000000,UseProbability=2.100000,ScoreValue=15,UseWaveNumMin=0,UseWaveNumMax=15)

[satoreMonsterPackv107.SMPMonsterTable]
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Skeleton",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Skeleton")

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Has everyone that asked questions on getting the SMP to work with V3 get the stuff resolved? If not, pm me or reply back here. You can also find me in the evenings and weekends in my clan irc channel on irc.gamesurge.net #limb. my nick is Lightbringer.

I have mine down pretty well, but just haven't checked to see if the weapons are working some of the FHI monsters. I think they are though. the RPG monster summon ability I have produced a Nali with a rocket that he was shooting.

Anyway, there's a ver 1.10 of SMP, and a new 1.2 of RPG out there. I will update my server to them this weekend if I have the time.

Last edited: