SaD's most memorable skin(s)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
Perhaps no one in the Community embodies the spirit and fanaticism that our SaD does for UT skins. I recall having over 600 Quake2 skins in my first skin collecting obsession. I was wondering if SaD, the young Man, has few moments to highlight from his wonderful brain and experience what his most noted skin or skins were in his mind, not really have to be new ones, but ones most prevailent and seem to have the most impact for its time and gaming engine.

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
There are so many skins Frosty , it´s hard to list all the great ones .Btw : Is this work from you : Arab ?

I remember 666Chemical Boss by Roger Bacon was the first one I downloaded (this one started the fun):D

-------------------------

Here are some short SkinCity-Episodes

-------------------------

The biggest bang @ SkinCity was the "BestofModels"-Pack .
I compiled a Pack with the best (in my opinion) Models and uploaded it at the first SkinCity-Webspace hosted by the GamersNetwork.It was something around 30 MB and got downloaded over 5000 times at the first day .Remember , it happened at the era of 56k-modems.Due to the bandwidth used , the complete Gamersnetwork (something like 500 hosted sites )was really unstable and they had to reboot the server something like 3 times an hour .That´s not a way of making friends :lol: , I´m sure the ppl who owned the Gamersnetwork still remember me.:D

Here are some bad moments of SkinCity´s life :
An italian Converter submitted a Crash-Conversion (from Quake3Arena) , I was really a noob with running a website and got a lot of trouble for hosting it .First I got a not so nice mail from Todd Hollenshead (ID-Software) to delete the conversion immediatly or they kick me to the court.And then started the fun with filling my mailbox with flame- and hatemails from the Quakecommunity .

Another troubleepisode was caused by a guy named Freeman .
He submitted tons of converted models (without the permission).
I closed SkinCity for some time to avoid trouble and removed all conversions from that guy .

It´s not what you expected Frosty , because I´m really short of time to list all the great skins I got over the years .I hope this short episodes of SkinCity´s life are good enough.
Thanx for your interest Frosty.

Edit : btw the first SkinCity used something like 20 MB webspace. Now it´s nearly 7 GB and growing.

Last edited:

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
Hey SaD,

No problem, not looking for top ten or whatever, just wondered what stuck out the most for you in your mind and for what was going on. I wasn ot actually plugging for myself you know, not even thinking youd mention any of mine. :)

I still recall the Kangol incident in which Sixes (aka Roger Bacon) just put some white stripes over a male model for Q2 I think and everyone went nutz, he spent like 30 minutes doing it. Hehehe.

Top skin I recall for the Boss model was the Robo Cop done by I think The Lamb.

And of course I nearly worship Effigy by Skullbox and DH. I still recall when he pimped it at polycount and in like two hours they had 116 comments!

Thanks for the mention on the Arab, nah was not mine, I dunno, nice work though, I did the eco-Terrorist and recall almost finished right before 911 and held off on releasing it cos thought it would be in poor taste.

I recall your shutdown also, and it was posted in other forums, skincity closes it's doors all I heard was good about you SaD and how you had a heart of gold and wanted a clean site. I know that is what most everyone thought. The hate not surprising, I was a Member at Quakeworld and some really strange Rangers existed over there. shakes head.

I recall getting mucho emails about my Boss skin, first UT skin ever, Biopsy and then many about Carnun model? Rorshach/Strangefate did for originally for Q3 headhunters mod.

I wish I could improve at a better speed than a turtle's pace, oh well still fun.

Amazing the web space you have now, wow!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
yeah, history is always exciting.

I think you have truly much memories after all that years :)

I remember I downloaded all of the skins I have from SkinCity. The name was just really easy to remember and the site was always great :tup:

Of course it`s bookmarked now :D

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
frosty said:
Top skin I recall for the Boss model was the Robo Cop done by I think The Lamb.
The hate not surprising, I was a Member at Quakeworld and some really strange Rangers existed over there. shakes head.

Yeah , Robocop is an amazing work .
You remember Lamb for the Nali Warcow ? One of the best skins for the Warcow model besides Dinocow by Digisaur andWarbeast by Kingspyder .
Warbeast is the best skin for the Warcow ever IMO.

About Quakeworld. You always have some fanboys , be it UT or Quake.Most of the Quakelovers I know , are really great .ChiQ for example sent me a really nice mail at the time I got flamed at some boards. :)

MäxX said:
Of course it`s bookmarked now
:D

Last edited:

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
Oh holy cow, pun intended, the Nali Cow, I started skin for it once, but I was still not able to to a 50% decent metal texture and the poor thing looked like it hade a barbecue grill sitting on its back. hehe.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Hehe Nali Cow barbecue edition lol :)

Hmm I remember when I started off finding skins. I knew I had been at SkinCity once and couldn't remember the url so I just entered the infamous skincity.com :p

I've been through quite alot skins for UT'99, 2k3 and now 2k4.
Most memorable skins? I'd say:
Bounty Huntress
Enforcer
Zephyr
Freak

And loads of others damn there's alot. Also on my UT'99 installation. It's 2.4GB of skins, mutators, mods and maps.

Also I remember this site for good quality skins and tutorials. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~identitycrisis/index.shtml Worth a visit, for old times sake ;)

Last edited:

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
Pretty cool ones Rex, considering I disliked the Commando model itself. shrugs....

I was super distracted playing team DM and the Angel Interceptor was on my team in red. Wow!

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
the_rex said:
Hmm I remember when I started off finding skins. I knew I had been at SkinCity once and couldn't remember the url so I just entered the infamous skincity.com :p
Also I remember this site for good quality skins and tutorials. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~identitycrisis/index.shtml Worth a visit, for old times sake ;)

:clap: :D .

Yeah , the old days were great.Lots of Great SkinSites out there .
UTSkins.com , The lawgiver (founder of IdentityCrisis ) and many many more .