1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sad day for all the INF players.

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by TheSniper, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Chicago_911

Chicago_911 New Member

I run a 6 player INF server, tried using CSHP but had to many timeouts. I tested with amibots and found that amibots worked. I knew that it only be a matter of time until amibots start showing up on INF servers. maybe CSHP could be built into INF?

Chicago

2. TheViper

TheViper Beta Busta

Chicago????

You HAVE Inf aimbots???? For goodness' sakes, get them to Beppo if you are for real and not pulling our chains. I want to know, once and for all, if these things exist.

3. ArbSkynxnex

ArbSkynxnex with co-conspirator, Kitty

Beppo, I sent you the links to the aimbots. Hope you can something to make INF harder to aimbot in.

4. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

with aimbots becoming more and more the tool of choice for cheaters, and the "holy grail" for game hackers, i'm surprised that nobody has designed a game that simply includes them in the game's design.

Actually now that i think about it, such a game could be benefical to the industry.

The Object of such a game could be to design aimbots, or AI bots and let them compete in various events. Human players wouldn't be allowed to compete. Bots could be judged on how life like they behave, ability to work with other bots (not of the same type or script), ability to learn the level, proper use of cover, corectly selecting the aproprate weapon, processor usage. ect ect.

Hopefully by designing such a game the community that is devoted to creating these "cheats" could turn their attention away from simply trying to get the bot to slip by security, and toward area's of creating beter AI players, an area in my opinon that is sorely lagging in MP games.

5. TheSniper

TheSniper Im Everywhere!

Have you even looked at the 2nd demo?

If your saying that he is doing the aiming then you need to get your eyes checked. I got more demos of this guy but they are too big to post.

When someone is running for a door and all of the suden turns 180 and shoots 2 guys in the head (like in the 2nd demo) there is something wrong.

6. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

Hadamar, thats exactly my point. You have to program your OWN clientside bot. No INF botcode scripting goodness. Mutators HAVE to be in the server packages, or else you can't use it. Just think, you're playing on a server and you decide to use one of those slow-motion mutators. Would yours go slow and everyone elses not? No, it wouldnt let you use it, period. I didn't say you have to hack the server, you just have to make your own crap.

7. =LSD=Scrappy=LSD=

=LSD=Scrappy=LSD= New Member

hmm

actually the aimbots do work online, I tested it out yesterday on multiple servers. I already got in contact with beepo and sent him a demo,the bot and install instructions.

know this ,the bot make the game run HORRIBLE.

8. [SOB]Weevil_Monkey

[SOB]Weevil_Monkey Monkey Maps

9. barrett

barrett New Member

Not necessarily....

A previous string read:

"Mutators HAVE to be in the server packages, or else you can't use it. Just think, you're playing on
    a server and you decide to use one of those slow-motion mutators. Would yours go slow and everyone
    elses not? No, it wouldnt let you use it, period."

I realize that this makes sense... but I don't think it's necessarily true. My examples come from my own experiences on MY server. I can summon a weapon mod called 'nukehead.fissionnuke' without it being in my server packages. The item does not appear on the map, because the package isn't listed in my server packages list, but the object actually does load into the map and a player can pick it up and set it off. (BOOM!)
    Another example is the RSPCC weapon mod. Again, I can summon it, and use it, (most of the functions work) but it is invisible to both my player and all others on the map.

So, is it possible, then, that someone could summon a function that is on the server but not on the server packages list?

b.

10. TheViper

TheViper Beta Busta

Viewers

I tried to run the demo (just double clicked on shock.dem) and got a message, "There are no viewers registered for this type of file." What program do I need to be able to run it?

11. =LSD=Scrappy=LSD=

=LSD=Scrappy=LSD= New Member

to play a demo:
    1st put the demo in your ut systems folder then in game open the console (~ key) and type either
    playdemo shock
    or
    demoplay shock
    always forget which one...

same for recording only its
    demorec ***
    or
    recdemo ***

replace *** with a name for your demo
    again I always forget which one

And I dont believe the Aimbot would fall into the mutator catagory, instead a console catagory

and here is a demo I made using an aimot, and not to fear I didnt fire a single shot with it

if you want to see a demo of me using the aimbot online(no shots were fired) send me an email at =nwtony@home.com without the = sign

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2001
  12. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

UTProphet, have you tried the Decal Stay mutator? It works online, the server dosn't have to run it too. That's what I mean with client side only. I think it's like that: If the server dosn't know that someone is running a mod, then he just dosn't care about it.

If you try to use umm... lets say U4E Tournament (Mod with .. dunno 1232143234 :) weapons?), it wouldn't work because you are firing weapons which the server dosn't know. He couldn't handle the code the client sends to him because it's unknown to him.

Things like Decal Stay or Aimbots don't send data to the server that the server dosn't understand. The server dosn't know that there is a mutator and because he dosn't get data he dosn't understand, he dosn't care.

Aimbots change your mouse input before it's send to the server. They calculate it on your machine. To the server it appears like the usual mouse data.

That's how I think it works, I may be wrong.

Has anybody a deeper insight to this?

Maybe we should ask DrSin :)

13. TheViper

TheViper Beta Busta

Demo

Thanks for the detailed instructions, Nobody.

14. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

Thats because summoning IS in fact clientside. As for the decal thing, hey you'd know better than I. But the things that you make would have to be standalone, not .u packages, right? Again, like i said, correct me if I'm wrong. You couldn't simply summon something such as an aimbot since you are already connected as a client. It's a hypothesis, don't get bent out of shape :)

15. Dr. Strangelove(OSU)

Dr. Strangelove(OSU) New Member

Lamers

Yes, the word "lame" is almost as lame as they come and it perfectly describes cheaters.

Thank your god that these idiots are wasting their time making / using these stupid programs and not trying to put that piece of lard in their head to use for greater evils.

I'ld hope that most people who spend their time programming these things are doing it to hone their programming skills. Maybe they thought they would display their talents by letting people have the program and they forgot about all these lazy idiots who couldn't get one point in a game without cheating.

What's the point of playing a game if you aren't going to follow the rules? Without any rules, there wouldn't be any game to play...

16. Hadmar

UTProphet, i don't think that you "summon" the Aimbot. As for the Decal Stay mutator, you activate it BEFOR you connect to a server. Mo matter if you start a practice session, or join a multiplayer game, it just works. It's purpose ist to let the decals ... um, stay. hehe (man you HAVE to see a DM, 1on1 on Morbias][, kill limit >50, with Decal Stay on .... looks REALY insane. Man, did WE do this :D )

I'm not realy into the way UT works, so I think we should stop this dialog now. There are just to many guesses in it (at least from my side).

Does nobody realy know how this things work? Anybody?

Edit--->
    The files includet in DecalStay are:
    DecalStay.htm
    DecalStay.u
    DecalStay.int
    and the Manifest.ini is changed (but don't ask me where)

So, it IS a .u package, right?
    <---Edit

Last edited: Apr 14, 2001
  17. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

I didnt say you summon an aimbot. I said you couldn't. Youd need to make a standalone program (as stated previously). But tell me, how do you run your DecalStay mutator after connecting to a server?

18. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

barrett_steele:
    Summoning an object is far different from running through a mutator loop. You can summon objects from anywhere inside the server's system directory. As for executing package functions, they have to be explicity declared as EXEC FUNCTION in order for you to do it (for example 'God mode' is declared as Exec Function God or something similar). Mutators can be run by a mod by using the mutator->next mutator loop and can also be set to run BEFORE starting the game.

19. Hadmar

@UTProphet
    OK, i got you wrong with the summon thing and you got me wrong with the activating.

You activate it throu the mod menue, not by including it in the mutator list and not by typing DecalStay=1 or so. However, you CAN activate it while in game with the mod menue.

Maybe my english is to bad to explain it the right way so....

Here's the mod, try it yourself. Enable the 2 options in the mod menue and happy fraggin. :)

20. Hadmar

And this is how an online game looks after about um... 2 minutes. :)

BTW

How do I upload 2 attachments in 1 reply????