1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

S3TC - how do I convert the other (non S3TC) UTX files - ex Dm-Deck16][

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by sjchmura, Sep 16, 2000.

1. sjchmura

sjchmura New Member

While the S3TC is great one can tell from teh file dates that not all texures are updated (and by the look)

for explane the whole texture set used in DM-deck16][ is NOT
    updated.

I have the photshop plugin for S3TC.

Is there a way to

1. UTX->BMP or whatever
    2. Edit (say emboss, speckle, bicubic enlarge)
    3. ave back to UTX??

Will the server reject me if I edit the texture files??

2. Fear the Beard

Fear the Beard 2 and counting...

1. Yes, open up UED and export.
    2. Most likely?
    3. Yes
    4. Yes

3. Ultron

Ultron Robot XMP Beta Tester

Please e-mail me that photoshop plugin! I have the FXT1 plugin and I want to convert the files from S3TC to FXT1 so that V4/V5 owners can view those textures. Thanks in advance!

I sent an e-mail to you with the e-mail address to send it to. I'd really appreciate it! :D

4. (BoD) nepenthe

(BoD) nepenthe Sayee Lo

Ultron, you'd be my hero if you were able to do that:).

Would this break compatibility online though? Ah, it wouldn't matter, just to get the thing working would be really cool!

Btw, is there any way to do this in PSP? I don't have Photoshop right now, but if you need any help with the busy work, I'll do what I can.