1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Runtime stand-alone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spatte, Feb 23, 2005.

1. spatte

spatte New Member

Is there a way of creating a stand alone runtime?

Does anybody know of a tutorial or document covering this topic?

I would also like to change the splash screens and menus.

THANKS

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Its already standalone. You know you can't distribute it publicly ... right?

3. spatte

spatte New Member

The reason why I'm asking is that the company I'm working for is considering to purchase a license of the runtime. (we work mainly with architectural visualisation)

Distributing it as a executable on a CD or for DL for our clients would be the most convenient.

Menus would also have to be changed.

I saw some info here:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/archive/index.php/t-118165.html

Please see Vito's comment

4. [SAS]Solid Snake

Then we aren't the ones you and your company are to talk to. Distribution is still illegal if it is used for a commercialized product.

[EULA]
    Commercial Exploitation. You may not use this Runtime Software, or any content created with it, or use the tools provided with this Runtime Software for any commercial purpose whatsoever[/EULA]

From the sounds of it, your using it for a commercialized proposition. If you wish to purchase a copy of the Runtime consult with Epic.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealEngine2Runtime

5. spatte

spatte New Member

I am fully aware of what you are saying.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to distribute an executable on CD or DL with custom made menus.

So my question is simply: Is it possible to do that?

I am about to present for my company what benefits there could be using the runtime and for this I need to know if it's possible. To convince them I need hard facts of what is possible and not and based on that we can make a decsision.

thanks for your comments

6. [SAS]Solid Snake