Running More Than Two Teams?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
Theoretically Inf supports more than 2 teams (the setting MaxTeams in InfilTeamGamePlus will do the trick for TDM).

Unfortunatly it will most likely be unplayable.
First the spawn points on most maps were designed for 2 teams (can most likely be circumvented with RTS)
Second, as far as I can tell there is no way to set up a camo for the third/fourth team. During my quick local server test, the third team always started with the TeamA camo.
Third, the only ways to get into the third team is via team balance or a manual change to the InfiltrationUser.ini.
And last, the scoreboard doesn't support display for a third team (maybe no big deal, but that way one third/fourth of the people on the server will stay hidden)

If you are still willing to try, good luck ;)

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I tried changing InfilTeamGamePlus MaxTeams to 3 but I saw nothing different :/

However your other points basically tell me to give up this idea ....

Thanks for your post and information. :)

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
You can see the difference if you use the addbots command.
For example with MaxTeams=3 and "addbots 8" you will end up with 3 players in each team (scoreboard will display 3 players for team A and 3 for B)
I tested it on a dedicated server. If you tested it offline maybe the MaxTeams setting was "corrected" before the game started.

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I could go throught all that (addbots) but if the 3rd team is not listed and you can not set the cammo - there is little point in it. :(

It was just an idea that some players had last night that it could be fun to have more than two teams in TDM (someone remember play 3/4 teams in Standard UT).