Running FHIv4 with the Linux dedicated server - problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Hi,

I have a functioning dedicated server install of the 3355 Linux server running deathmatch, ctf etc quite happily. However, I am having trouble persuding it to run FHIv4 :(.

No matter the variation of command line that I use I keep getting the following error in the server log:

DevLoad: Loading object 'server' class 'Class'
DevLoad: Loading object 'serverCommandlet' class 'Class'
DevLoad: Loading object 'Engine.ServerCommandlet' class 'Class'
Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
DevLoad: Loading object 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' class 'Class'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine': Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
Warning: Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
Critical: Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.

The command line (invoked from the ~/ut2004/System/ directory) is:

Init: Command line: FHI-GreenTower?gametype=FHI.FHI -ini=UT2004.ini -mod=FHIv4 -log=FHIServer.log -nohomedir

I get the error irrespective of the presence of -ini=UT2004.ini

Adding the FHIv4 paths to UT2004.ini doesn't seem to make much difference.

Suggestions would be gratefully received...

Running on Scientific Linux V4 (2.6.9 kernel - essentially RHEL)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Ok, I don't quite know what's going on there. Have you tried deleting FHIv4.ini and running without using -ini=UT2004.ini to let it rebuild the settings?

Why is there an ini:Engine entry anyway? :con:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Parser said:
Ok, I don't quite know what's going on there. Have you tried deleting FHIv4.ini and running without using -ini=UT2004.ini to let it rebuild the settings?

That did the trick. I had used/not used -ini=UT2004.ini and that hadn't made a difference. I hadn't tried deleting the FHIv4.ini (which I think was inherited from one of my Windows installs)

Parser said:

Why is there an ini:Engine entry anyway? :con:

I certainly didn't add that but see earlier comment regarding where I got the FHIv4.ini from.

Thanks for the rapid response (I pay good money at work for poorer support response times than that:) ). It is appreciated.