Ruining the Unreal Name??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Black_Knight

Fire coming out of a monkey's head
May 10, 2005
in a house
Halos still the best

:mad: Sorry to say but I've played all of those games you have listed and none of them can beat the story or the depth that halo and halo 2 offer because it has better characters better more practical weapons and the vehicles are the best.
I have beaten unreal Tournament many times and every time I have fun and thats the same with halo so champion hyena you need to stop wasting money by breaking CDs and turn on your XBOX and play some good games Besides this Thread is about Unreal championship 2 not Halo or halo2 and I also thought that the 007 game kinda sucked

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Black_Knight said:
halo and halo 2 offer because it has better characters

Well, in Halo mp you can either be a red masterchief or a blue masterchief...the choice is simply mind-boggling (actually, it probably is for Gatesbox players ;) ) And in Halo 2 you can be an Covenant Elite as well...Bungie really let their imaginations fly when it came to designing mutliplayer characters.

..better more practical weapons

You. Have. Got. To. Be Joking!!!!!

Halo online...we have:
the assault rifle...which is useless and no-one ever uses
the plasma rifle...same
the plasma pistol...same
the marine pistol..it's OK I guess, but come on..not the most imaginative weapon ever in a video game. It's not exactly a flak cannon or shock rifle is it?
the needler...admittedly, kind of fun...and the only original weapon in the game
the flame-thrower....useless
the rocker launcher...good weapon, so everyone camps it.
the fuel-rod...laughably unbalanced, everyone just camps the spawn of it
the sniper-rifle...Well its a rifle. You can snipe with it. Crap zoom though.

Come on, you'd have to be an idiot to say that they compare with UTs weapon roll-out.

Sir_Brizz said:
althuogh it makes the game seem more real when you have to fight through the same areas again

Erm, how is this? I don't know where you live, but where I live I rarely find myself repeatedly walking through identical rooms and landscapes that never change. Christ, my walk to work is a million times more varied than the average Halo level.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Israphel said:
Erm, how is this? I don't know where you live, but where I live I rarely find myself repeatedly walking through identical rooms and landscapes that never change. Christ, my walk to work is a million times more varied than the average Halo level.
That's really not the point.

If you storm an "alien" formation that you have no idea how to get around, and you find what you are looking for, are you going to keep running through it and hope you come out the other side, or are you just going to run out the way you came in? I'm not saying anything about the level design itself, yes the Halo's are rather bland, which is why the Earth levels in Halo2 were welcome...but I'm talking strictly about the levels themselves.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
UT sucks, Halo rocks!

... or not.

I finally got UC2, and I'm having a kickass time with it. Personally, I don't think you can really compare the Covenant and the Nahkti as shooters. UC2 is more of a hybrid, where you slashing as much as shooting. Halo is the pure rocket, rifle, reload gameplay. Personally, I like being able to fly off walls and never touch the ground rather than make roadkill with a Wraith.

Black_Knight

Fire coming out of a monkey's head
May 10, 2005
in a house
Goodbye

This is my last post on this thread you people will never have to hear from me again. I am also sticking with my opinion on halo but I will leave this thread changed forever. Goodbye :( .

Xavious_Luthian

May 7, 2005
Custer, MI, USA
Good point

Israphel said:
....if you like playing MP games with no balance. Someone gets in a banshee and then just spawn camps..oh thats so much fun.

I was playing Halo 2 against Black_Knight and I can't beleive how bad they tried to balance it for MP. I mean, c'mon, why would they take the plasma sword, when in SP and MP can kill most things with one hit, and give it infinite "ammo" in MP and call it balanced? And I spawned about 5 times in a row under Black_Knight's scorpian tank. I can hardly think of a game with more glitches than Halo.
Some "Game of the Year". :mad:

Last edited:

Monster Kill

ChampionHyena said:
Hail Israphel! He speaks only truth!

I think the reason people like Halo is because they've never bothered to play UT, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Call of Duty, Timesplitters, No One Lives Forever, The Chronicles of Riddick, Far Cry, Doom, or any of the other FPSes that are worth the media they're burned on.

Let's face it: Halo is a sh*t-pot whose virtues are few and have been blown out of proportion. Turn of the Xbox, crack that Halo disc in half, and start playing GOOD games, fanboys.

You're awesome too. I enjoyed my time on this thread. Now I have to go back to spanish class. Uggh. Halo walking is sooooooo slow. Weapons are garbage. Xbox live junkees are gay. (just on halo 2. Look for me in Unreal Championship Gamertag: Johnnydacalzone) UC1 rocks. Go Motig!!!!!! Halo's crap

End Rant.

Bloodwolf806

Equal Opportunity Ass-Kicker
May 29, 2005
SC, United States
I think UC2's Melee is what makes it so great. I mean, I hate the people online who ONLy use Melee, but without Melee UC2 would just be a watered-down UT2k4 port with different characters and no vehicles.

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
Sir_Brizz said:
Unreal is famous AS an FPS but not for being an FPS. Can you imagine how incredulously popular Unreal would be as an RTS where you actually direct troops in the Human/Skaarj Wars?

OMFG ME WANTY!

And they should make it have it so you could play as ANY race or corparation from Unreal games with there own techs and troops. How cool would it be to command the new necris vehicles, or perform high scale atacks with Liandri Angels and beating the **** out of that scienticts in U2 who annoyed the crap out of me. Commanding the skaarj mothership? So l337! And driving 100's of ION tanks towards an enemy corparation would rock! Commanding fleets of skaarj space fighters would be so freaking sweet in campagin! Everyone would love using special units like Necris Phayders and Ghost Warriors to infiltrate a top secret base.Commanding hero's like Raptor or Arclite in battle would pwn!

God! This could of be the secret Unreal Warfare game we all need for survival!

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I know this was a long time ago, but:

ChampionHyena said:
I think the reason people like Halo is because they've never bothered to play UT, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Call of Duty, Timesplitters, No One Lives Forever, The Chronicles of Riddick, Far Cry, Doom, or any of the other FPSes that are worth the media they're burned on.

I have played UT, Half-Life, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Timesplitters, NOLF and Doom, and I still like Halo and Halo 2. Just because you think the Halo games are crap in almost every aspect, doesn't mean you have to bitch at people who have their own different opinion of it.

duk5ie

Jul 30, 2005
The reason for UC2's melee combat is that Midway is obsessed with MORTAL KOMBAT! I mean Raiden's in it, for god's sake...

Exigo

Sep 2, 2005
Bulgaria
I think that UC2 is better with melee weapons, with story,with graphik with sound/music with many than ut2k4. I think that Uc2 will be better for me when ut2007 will release, because nothing new in the weapons i will find.
By the way I love melee weapons and hope epic put in ut2k7 some melee weapons but i dont believed plus great single player story as uc2 plus my favour Selket.
But i think that they know what to do.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Dirdmister said:
What the hell are they doing? Melee style :p
Unreal is famous for being an unreal style FPS
They are changing it coz theyre obsessed with profits...theyre are hoping this new style of fighting will convince the japanese to buy the console.

Ohnoes tehy are makeing new gaems wtf tehy shud onely maek gaems dat are alredy invented!!!1