Ruining the Unreal Name??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow71

Feb 27, 2005
California
nshewchuk.com
This is a new feature to the game, they always have to make new features and enhancements, its a lot better then simple rehashes. Its like if I were to say "OMG UT2K4 SUCKS BECAUSE IT HAS VEHICLES..VEHICLES ARE SO GAY!"

If I were to say that, I would be stupid...id be complaining about a new feature meant to bring something new to the game.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
This thread is stupid he posted it before he even played the thing.

Now if he played teh demohe'd realise it's not at all defacing Unreal, in fact i think the changes they've made are a VERY healthy evolution freom standard FPS. less resource management(Gah i hate that) and more fighting.

I have no doubt that there willb e a No Melee mutator as a stock feature in the released version aswell!

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
I loved the jedi knight games. They got the melee combat down great. But the guns really kindof sucked. I'm excited about unreal doing melee, 'cause finally we'll get some good guns in a melee game.

SnoochyBoochy

Get em' Buck
Mar 7, 2005
Nova Scotia
www.xboxaddict.com
omfg, if you want to talk about a mediocre game, let's talk about halo 2. i mean, what a freakin' disappointment. With all the hype that surronded that game for years, it really didn't deliever. I mean, I guess it's alright if you like glitchers and standby whores...

I would easily take the UC2 demo over Halo 2 anyday. With the release of Unreal Championship 2 and Doom 3 coming in April, anyone who even considers themselves a real gamer will do what I did and trash Halo 2 and pick up some real games.

Black_Knight

Fire coming out of a monkey's head
May 10, 2005
in a house
Why would you say something like that Trynant, even thouh you were joking thats just something you don't joke about, Unreal Tournament is an excellent game and it does not deserve to be bad mouthed by you or anyone.

Black_Knight

May 10, 2005
in a house
I thought uc2 was an okay game but I did not really like the fact that you could only carry 4 weapons but other than that I loved the game the story line is awsome the graphics great the characters stories and the characters themselves are just so cool but then they also took out some favorite guns of mine The link gun,lightning gun,assault rifels :( and the redeemer but I thought this was still an execelent game.

Xavious_Luthian

May 7, 2005
Custer, MI, USA
I agree

SnoochyBoochy said:
omfg, if you want to talk about a mediocre game, let's talk about halo 2. i mean, what a freakin' disappointment. With all the hype that surronded that game for years, it really didn't deliever. I mean, I guess it's alright if you like glitchers and standby whores...

I would easily take the UC2 demo over Halo 2 anyday. With the release of Unreal Championship 2 and Doom 3 coming in April, anyone who even considers themselves a real gamer will do what I did and trash Halo 2 and pick up some real games.

The only thing good about the Halo series was the use of vehicles. Halo 2 was pretty much Halo 1 with a few more weapons and vehicles. Nothing new. I hardly think it was worth reserving a copy for...

Back on the subject of Unreal. I don't think UC2 will ruin the series, as long as they limit the focus of melee to the Unreal Championship series. I don't think I would care for UC2 as much as UT2004, mainly because I play the Unreal Tournament games for the guns. I don't know if it's a bad game or not, but if I don't like it, I just won't play it and not make a big deal about it.

Last edited:

Black_Knight

May 10, 2005
in a house
Leave halo out of it

Whos this smoochy boochy guy and why was he ragging on the greatest game in the universe (sorry but thats just my opinion) No one was talking about halo or halo2 c'mon people leave the greats out of it:mad:. I was talking about uc2 not HALO I mean c'mon.

ChampionHyena

Thank you for not melting!
Sep 26, 2004
Here. What are you, stupid?
Black_Knight said:
Whos this smoochy boochy guy and why was he ragging on the greatest game in the universe (sorry but thats just my opinion) No one was talking about halo or halo2 c'mon people leave the greats out of it:mad:. I was talking about uc2 not HALO I mean c'mon.
Heh! That's what-

Oh my God.

He's SERIOUS!

*snrk*ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Hooooooo...

*snort*

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

[falls completely off of chair, laughing hysterically and desperately trying to keep kidneys from exploding]

Jesus Christ, who lets you people OUT? Remember kids: never DRINK the bongwater.

Last edited:

Black_Knight

May 10, 2005
in a house
Whats so funny?

Halo and halo2 are the best games in the world but just recently I've giving my xbox a little break and playing on my gaming computer and making characters for UT2004 and I don't drink bong water but maybe you should'nt eat the contents of the cigarette box :lol: !!!
I really hope that you fell off your chair and I also hope that your kidneys exploded. :D Have a wonderfull day :mad:

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I like HAlo, because I enjoy any story. Other than that the game literally sucks.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Black_Knight said:
Halo and halo2 are the best games in the world ...

...if you like waaalllllkkkkiiiiingggg soooooo sllloooowwwlllyyyyy that it feels like you're walking in mud.

...if you like crappy weapons that don't do any damage (only the rocket launcher and fuel rod are worth having. Result: On every MP map people camp the RL and FR spawns).

...if you like playing a SP campaign where you spend whole levels walking through IDENTICAL rooms fighting IDENTICAL enemies..and this goes on forever....and then, when you've get to the end of the level...you have to walk back through ALL THOSE IDENTICAL ROOMS FIGHTING ALL THOSE IDENTICAL ENEMIES AGAIN.

....if you like playing the same MP maps over and over and over again. Seriously, only 3 of the maps are any good.

....if you like playing MP games with no balance. Someone gets in a banshee and then just spawn camps..oh thats so much fun.

Halo is quite possibly the most over-rated game ever.

However, it DOES have absolutely brilliant vehicle physics...way better than UT2k4. But that's it.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, when I played the Unreal2 demo it felt as if walking in the mud. The guy was wearing lots of armour, though.. iirc. Nevertheless, brr.. that sucked :-/

ChampionHyena

Thank you for not melting!
Sep 26, 2004
Here. What are you, stupid?
Israphel said:
...if you like waaalllllkkkkiiiiingggg soooooo sllloooowwwlllyyyyy that it feels like you're walking in mud.

...if you like crappy weapons that don't do any damage (only the rocket launcher and fuel rod are worth having. Result: On every MP map people camp the RL and FR spawns).

...if you like playing a SP campaign where you spend whole levels walking through IDENTICAL rooms fighting IDENTICAL enemies..and this goes on forever....and then, when you've get to the end of the level...you have to walk back through ALL THOSE IDENTICAL ROOMS FIGHTING ALL THOSE IDENTICAL ENEMIES AGAIN.

....if you like playing the same MP maps over and over and over again. Seriously, only 3 of the maps are any good.

....if you like playing MP games with no balance. Someone gets in a banshee and then just spawn camps..oh thats so much fun.

Halo is quite possibly the most over-rated game ever.

However, it DOES have absolutely brilliant vehicle physics...way better than UT2k4. But that's it.
Hail Israphel! He speaks only truth!

I think the reason people like Halo is because they've never bothered to play UT, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Call of Duty, Timesplitters, No One Lives Forever, The Chronicles of Riddick, Far Cry, Doom, or any of the other FPSes that are worth the media they're burned on.

Let's face it: Halo is a sh*t-pot whose virtues are few and have been blown out of proportion. Turn of the Xbox, crack that Halo disc in half, and start playing GOOD games, fanboys.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just because you don't like it doens't make it a bad game...

Hpowever, like I said before, I hate the game, I just like the story. And in Halo2 you rarely walk through any of the same areas again like you do in Halo1, althuogh it makes the game seem more real when you have to fight through the same areas again (people have been asking for that, why do you think they did it).