RSS feeds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
It returns a large block of text that looks like HTML for me. I'm using Opera, maybe your browser doesn't display .xml files properly?

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
RSS feeds don't work in most browsers. They are meant to be used in an RSS reader, also called a news aggregator.

However... the latest version of Firefox supports them with a new feature called Live Bookmarks.
I'm about to add the meta-tag to our main page to enable it to work with that. You bookmark the RSS icon in the status bar, and you then get a "magic" folder in your bookmarks that always contains the latest PJB news headlines! :D

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Done!

Here's a screenie of my Firefox 1.0PR showing the live bookmark folder open. The headlines in that folder will be updated to match the state of PJB's RSS feed.

This could make a news post if there's nothing else to report in a week or so.

Attachments

• 2004-10-xx-RSS live bookmarks.PNG
    2004-10-xx-RSS live bookmarks.PNG
    63.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: