1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Robin Williams does Spore at E3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ilkman, May 18, 2006.

1. Mr. UglyPants

Mr. UglyPants 2007 never existed, it was all a dream.

Man that video was soo funny!! Can't wait for it to come out!

2. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

The way that creature moved it looked like that anything other than a humanoid bipedal creature just isn't going to look good at all.
    Kind of odd to see no reproductive organs and such ... but I guess that's to make it kiddy-friendly ;)

I'm not to sure if this program will be a fun game, but as a sandbox for experiments it's going to be nice.

3. Ice Dragoon

Ice Dragoon Yes, we have Flack.

wow that was funny! Spore looks good!

4. Majik

Majik blargh

At one point it did look like a penis with legs, though.

5. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

it was strange how the other various limbs didnt have much movement, they just hung out in front of the the thing. still looks good though.

6. JaFO

I'm sure we'll see lots of creatures that look like walking organs ...

// ---
    Isn't anyone worried about how this game is going to automagically upload whatever you build to the entire world (and vice versa) ?
    Unless they screen the content that's distributed there's a good chance that an exploit will ruin your day ... (especially if there's an established community).
    It would be like jumping on a UT-server after a few years ... only to get blasted into bits before you knew what was happening.

7. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

I imagine they didn't include reproductive organs because of the horrors that might exist if theyhad.
    When you were younger, when someone gave you a dictionary the first thing you did was look up the rude words right. (Don't bother responding if you didn't.) Well, basically i doubt Spore wuld be as much fun with all the penis/breast monsters that would otherwise be walking around in it.

But... that is what happens!

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  8. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I couldn't care less about Spore but Williams proves that he's a grade A comedian: :tup:

9. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

Technically, the collection of cards, from what I understand from Gaming Steve, is more of a sidebar than the game itself. The game as a whole is sort of a superuberultramega SimCreature. So your actual "goal" later in the game is to explore the galaxy, encounter new races, expand your empire, etc.

Now, the game is touted as a "massive single-player online" game, meaning it will only ever function in single-player mode, but the creatures that people design are uploaded to a database, and then distributed to populate other people's galaxies. You can look at the database and "tag" creatures you think are cool, and eventually there's a good chance you will encounter them in your own galaxy.

Now the details are vauge, probably because the game is still heavily in development, but I believe that this population scheme also functions dynamically, meaning the game will also populate your galaxy with creatures similar to yours, similar to ones that live in the same planetary environment as yours, similar to ones you have "tagged" as good designs, designs by users you've tagged, etc, sort of like Amazon on crack.

The "cards", as stated earlier, are sort of an online encyclopedia of races you've encountered and stuff. But don't think "expansion" so much as "property spin-off". Play the game for a while, conquer your galaxy, and a year or two down the road, EA announces what you and your buddies can do with the cards you've collected. Ta-da! Instant CCG!

10. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I wonder if we will beable to make a community galaxy or something. It would be rather cool to get BuF people all together and make our own BuF galaxy. This way, we could find each others planets/races, and see whats going on.

11. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

I was thinking the same thing.
    I've been going on about this game for a few days now :lol:

12. W0RF

Probably the best we could hope for is to tag each other's races and use them to populate our individual galaxies.

Unless they open up a community component down the road. One thing about this game is it sure seems ripe for expansion.

13. JonAzz

JonAzz UA Mapper

Damn Robin Willaims is teh funny :D and omg i want spore. between ut2007, GOW, surpreme commander and now spore... **** next year is gonna be great!

14. JaFO

If it's really being published by EA then I think we'll see the expansionpack within months of release with Spore 2 a few years later (depending on their need for extra cash). Of course there'll be dozens of half-assed patches to fix stuff, because the game was still released too early ...

15. SlayerDragon

Meh. I think Maxis will do a pretty good job. I think if anyone can tell EA to stick it up their asses, they will.

16. W0RF

Yeah, EA may be teh suck, but Will Wright has done all right for himself. He still commands the respect of his legions:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  17. JonAzz

JonAzz UA Mapper

that image disturbs me...

lol its funny though :p

18. SlayerDragon

19. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Don't see whats funny, not funny at all, looks like it's somthing will come out of it not just a computer "game?".