RO 3.1 UT2Vote setup?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Is there any examples for Red Orchestra? I using UT2004 3339 and RO 3.1. It is installed as UT2004_RO and I only want the RO Game type (no need for standard UT Game Types).

RO is installed in it's own Sub-Directory.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
I thought this subject might need legs of its own. Last I heard, RO is pretty much a total conversion that is a bear to keep compatable with the stock gametypes.

What's been your experience with trying to get it working with UT2Vote sofar?

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
Works just fine for me. No problems at all, except UAdminMod crashes it like a mother.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
ahhh, I just start to try out UAdminMod just now. That is good information to know. Heck UadminMod will not even see me as a Admin.... I tried to use adminlogin but it does not work (I assume it is disabled by UT2Vote).

Well, I was thinking that since RO is a complete total conversion that I do not want any other *UT* mutators, *UT* game types, or *UT* areas. So I have disabled them from the voting section.

I "think" I have it working...

Hear is my GameType:
GameType=(GameName="Red Orchestra",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=2,ServerName="ODIE3's RO 3.1 Austin Texas Server",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="RO-Berlin",MapPrefix="RO",GameClass="ROGame.ROTeamGame",Mutators="UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod",Commands="?MaxLives=4?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=24?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=1.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=5")

I know for a fact I can set the password and map voting works. Those where easy to test.

However, if I hit the spectate button, I get "Removing Odie3 due to a Friendly Fire Violation". Then I can not rejoin the game for awhile.

Last edited:

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
{GD}Odie3 said:
ahhh, I just start to try out UAdminMod just now. That is good information to know. Heck UadminMod will not even see me as a Admin.... I tried to use adminlogin but it does not work (I assume it is disabled by UT2Vote).

Well, I was thinking that since RO is a complete total conversion that I do not want any other *UT* mutators, *UT* game types, or *UT* areas. So I have disabled them from the voting section.

I "think" I have it working...

Hear is my GameType:
GameType=(GameName="Red Orchestra",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=2,ServerName="ODIE3's RO 3.1 Austin Texas Server",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="RO-Berlin",MapPrefix="RO",GameClass="ROGame.ROTeamGame",Mutators="UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod",Commands="?MaxLives=4?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=24?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=1.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=5")

I know for a fact I can set the password and map voting works. Those where easy to test.

However, if I hit the spectate button, I get "Removing Odie3 due to a Friendly Fire Violation". Then I can not rejoin the game for awhile.

I don't think RO actually allows spectators, and it might see the move as a suicide and that may count as friendly fire. As for UAM, don't use it with RO. Your server will crash ever couple of hours, with players or without.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
How about a option to remove that button? It pretty much suxs that you are *removed* from playing after you click that button....

What about my GameType? Is that okay? I really just guessed at it. I also put ;; in front of the other game types and RO is set as the default.

Is there also a way to remove the mutators/Area's so they are not even listed when login as admin?

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
{GD}Odie3 said:
How about a option to remove that button? It pretty much suxs that you are *removed* from playing after you click that button....

What about my GameType? Is that okay? I really just guessed at it. I also put ;; in front of the other game types and RO is set as the default.

Is there also a way to remove the mutators/Area's so they are not even listed when login as admin?

AHH!!! Big time config problems:)

Anything that you do not want to be vote able simply set hidevote=true, even mutators. Removing the lines by putting ;; in front or deleting them will give you unexpected results.

Your game line looks just fine...open the ucl file for the game inquestion with a txt editor if you have any doubts to the game class.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I changed it back.... Also, I have the buttons Disabled for: Mutators and Games.

Any chance on the next version we could have a ini setting to disable the spectate button?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
{GD}Odie3 said:
Any chance on the next version we could have a ini setting to disable the spectate button?
I think if you set maxspectators to 0, there won't be any way to convert since there aren't any spec spots.

And yes.. Try that DeathMessageMode= in the commandline. Let us know how it worked out.