1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[RNC] I <3 McCain

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MÆST, Aug 30, 2004.

1. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

that is all :D

2. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

I also <3 McCain :D

3. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

you are less than 3 McCain?

Don't be so hard on yourself, even he only = 1 McCain.

/yeah, I got nothin. luvs me some war hero, tho

4. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

"I said earlier that the sacrifices in this war will not be shared equally by all Americans. The President is the first to observe, most of the sacrifices fall, as they have before, to the brave men and women of our Armed Forces. We may be good citizens, but make no mistake, they are the very best of us. "

text

5. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

"For their families, for their friends, for America, for mankind they sacrifice to affirm that right makes might; that good triumphs over evil; that freedom is stronger than tyranny; that love is greater than hate."

and you can't forget:

"It was between war and a graver threat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not our critics abroad. Not our political opponents.

And certainly not a disingenuous film maker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq was an oasis of peace when in fact it was a place of indescribable cruelty, torture chambers, mass graves and prisons that destroyed the lives of the small children held inside their walls." ;)

6. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

Sure Saddam was a bad guy to his people, but I rather we had focused on Terrorism, rather then invade a country that didnt do anything wrong to us. I hate how this political election is more about what is best for Iraq then what is best for America.

7. W0RF

Okay, now I'm casting my vote for John McCain.

Seriously.

:edit: don't look now Maest, but tool is "telling you differently".
    "Now watch this drive." ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  8. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

How am I telling him different? What did Iraq do to America? Why should we care that he was horrible to his own people? We didn't care before, why now?

9. W0RF

His speech answers that question, and I would prefer to let that speech remain the focal point of this thread. Iraq's been talked to death already here, and I'm not going to tell you anything you haven't heard already, or vice versa.

10. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

If there was a secondary vote which counted, I'd make it for John McCain. The man is doing a disservice to his country by not being president.

11. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

2008. But for this election ... I think I have decided to vote for Bush. But who knows, I'll leave room to flip flop.

12. W0RF

McCain/Keyes 2008.

I'd register in Florida and vote twice for that ticket. ;)

:edit: And Maest, I think it would be irresponsible to tell people which party you're going to vote for in the Presidential race.

BTW, I'm going with the Republican ticket.

/kerry

13. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I'm going Republican as well...

Although, my vote is still in McCain's hands at any time he is ready.

14. DeDpoet|BuF

DeDpoet|BuF Only this, & nothing more...

There's speculation that McCain might run as VP as opposed to Cheney. For the 2004 election.

15. W0RF

That would be nice, but I think the neocons have their claws in the Bush family to stay. But a move like that would give him such a boost that he might not need to "magically" find Osama in late October ;)

16. Lise

Lise Being a girl makes you kick more arse.

John Kerry is a douche bag, but I'm voting for him anyway. ;)

The above speech, however, is an example of how even as someone far to the left, I'd still vote for McCain. I still think the man is a lefty in denial, in some regards. Regardless, if this was McCain vs. Kerry, this wouldn't be so much an Election as it would be a shoo-in. Indeed, I think if it came down to McCain vs. The Good Lord Jesus H. Christ, McCain would edge out by winning Florida. If he doesn't run for Prez in 2008 I'm driving up to DC and assaulting him with a campaign poster.

SAVE YOUR COUNTRY, MCCAIN. BE PRESIDENT.

17. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

I thought Cheney was scum when I found out his daughter was a lesbian and yet he hadn't said anything in opposition to Bush's anti-gay rights agenda. But now he has, I have a hell of alot more respect for him, even if it wasn't anywhere near as vehement as i'm sure many would have liked.

18. W0RF

Something else to consider, maybe people are more alike than you would care to think. Sorry if that ruins any conservative = Nazi comparisons out there, but it's just a thought.

19. DeDpoet|BuF

DeDpoet|BuF Only this, & nothing more...

Well the observations made are:

1) Cheny will not be running as Pres in 2008 (heart condition)

2) McCain after his speech is stumping with Bush on the campaign trail. Speakers stay at the convention, so the fact that he's flying out to Bush to help the campaign has people scratching their heads.

3) He's a strong candidate to begin with, if he steps in now as VP he has a stronger bid in 2008 as opposed to having an entirely new man come in on the scene.

...of course, this is still all speculation.

20. W0RF

I don't think Cheney wants the job anyway.